• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Savage Species] Touched by an Angel campaign idea

Cassander

First Post
I've been flipping through Savage Species trying to decide what sorts of creature I want to play and came upon an interesting idea for a campaign: Touched by an Angel.

Imagine an entire party of celestials who pop into a situation and have to help out someway... they might not always know exactly what they have to do. Like the tv version, there are often fiendish forces at work... unlike the tv version, the pcs often have to face these demons in live melee spiritual warfare! Could use the Savage Species rules to scale down both the heroes and the enemies, allowing for some interesting villians to develop. Aside from the aforementioned combat, I can see alot of investigation and even diplomacy... angels wouldnt usually want to just kill evil mortals, but rather to persuade them against their vile deeds or stop them in some way. I think this might have some possibilities... Thoughts?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
It would work, as a party idea or as a reoccuring group of NPCs that the PCs could act as agents for.
I would play it.

Demiurge out.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I'd hold off until Anger of Angels comes out from Malhavoc Press...but personally, not to shabby an idea for a campaign. Send them around the world AND the multi-verse fighting against all kinds of evil. :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Cassander said:
I've been flipping through Savage Species trying to decide what sorts of creature I want to play and came upon an interesting idea for a campaign: Touched by an Angel.

*twitches at memories of accidentally watching part of Touched by an Angel*

On the other hand, I did once consider building an rpg around the concept of Jack Chick's Universe as the reality. If you played his weirdly wussy Mission Impossible angels (The Assignment) it might come out similarly...

Kahuna Burger

Morgenstern

First Post
I posted a monster race-class-thingy as per Savage Species over on the House rules page yesterday ("Half Celestial (Savage Species Compliant)"). Maybeyou'll find it of use :).

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Cassander said:

In Nomine d20, anyone? Might not be a bad idea.

Remove ads