• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide IC thread

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Could we stop the crewman before he announces us? Maybe some want to do some scouting or cast a spell before announcing our presence.

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

"Anyone wants to do something before we call the turtle? I would suggest some protection circle or something, to prevent mind control... or something to help against it's breath.
And we should keep the treasure out of it's sight. If it thinks it can get it without talking to us, who kows how it will react.
Anyone else has some suggestions?"

Darius asks around, keeping his voice low..

[sblock=ooc]

Active Invocations:
- See the Unseen
- Endure Exposure
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Elistina circled around the mast on her flying steed, looking at the crew below. "I have prepared a mass flight spell in case of combat. Would you prefer i cast it now?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sharazek looks at the destroyed ship jutting out of the water and whistles. "It may be a very good thing I called upon that big crybaby."

The spellscale chuckles a bit at Darius' paranoia. "This thing, by all accounts is a brute. Mind control is likely beyond it. But I do agree with the idea of protection from the breath weapon... Now, what kind of breath weapon did it have?"

And when the gnomish wizardess flies down, Sharazek can't help but chuckle at the odd sight of this timid little person riding on a giant, ghostly horse. Ah, such wondrous and humorous things he has seen since leaving home. "Yes, I think that would be a good idea. We would rather not end up in the water, or on a sinking ship. Though, I have a way out... The rest of you... Not so much." The spellscale pulls out a small green cube, covered with the strange markings he draws each day, calling up the strange spirits he "binds." He tosses it into the air a few times, smiling in his semi-unhinged way.

"And we are going to try making a deal with it first, right? In which case, I believe I should do the talking. Mostly, anyway."

[sblock=OOC]
Sharazek binds Focalor (DC 20, no fail) and Haures (DC 25, no fail) today, with Pact Augmentations going to Saves (twice, total +2) and Initiative (+2 bonus). He also binds Shax into his Vestige Phylactery, which makes her DC 36.
Also, Knowledge Arcana check to remember anything about Dragon Turtle breath weapons.
32 Bind, 7 Arcana. Crap...

So, Shax will show her sign and influence me, if I call her from the Phylactery.

And Sharazek is saying he should do the talking due to his social skills: Bluff +15, Intimidate +16 and Diplomacy +19. Though Aid Another for it couldn't go amiss.
[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=M&L and WD Dragon turtle knowledge]
Both of you know that a dragon turtle breaths hot steam (fire damage, useable underwater). you also know that given the size of the ship wrecked at the entrance to the cove, that this is not a very normal Dragon Turtle and it is likely Very, Very big and just as dangerous.

'nuff said, you can introduce that information yourselves[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Fenrick, for all the excitement, seemed out of sorts with it all. He stood near the others, not really taking their words in, instead he rubbed at his chin, the little bit of peach fuzz existing on his face tickling his hand. "I should've shaved," he said to himself absentmindedly.

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

Elistina circled around the mast on her flying steed, looking at the crew below. "I have prepared a mass flight spell in case of combat. Would you prefer i cast it now?"

"Thanks, but the others should decide. I don't really need it."
Darius says and spreads spectral draconic wings from his back-

... "This thing, by all accounts is a brute. Mind control is likely beyond it. ...

... the little bit of peach fuzz existing on his face tickling his hand. "I should've shaved," he said to himself absentmindedly.

"Maybe it is a brute, but maybe it is more intelligent than some of us. Anyway, it's hot stem breath can scorch us like fire, so some sort of fire resistance would be very appreciated."
Darius declares.

[sblock=ooc]

Bluff is +12 (for the dragon turtle talk)

Active Invocations:
- See the Unseen
- Endure Exposure
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

[sblock=Spells]
Domains: Drow, Time
Spells Prepared: (Choose spells as 9th lvl cleric)
0 -(6) Read Magic, Detect Magic x2, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
1st - (6+1) Comprehend Languages, Bless x2, Lesser Vigor, Deathwatch, Command, Cloak of Dark Power (D);
2nd - (6+1) Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Lesser Restoration, Bulls Strength, Death Knell, Hold Person, Claraudience/Clairvoyance (D)
3rd - (4+1) Water Breathing, Protection from Energy, Wrack (BOVD), Dispel Magic, Haste (D)
4th - (3+1) Air Walk, Dimensional Anchor, Divine Power, Freedom of Movement (D)
5th - (2+1) Flame Strike, Heartclutch (BOVD), Spiderform(D)

Water Breathing cast upon self each morning she has been on boat, as it has 18 hr duration.
[/sblock]
[sblock=DM]
Last three questions:
7)
8)
9)
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
"Everyone, gather around me." the Whisper Gnome stated bluntly as she moved her slender arm, a gold and crystal ring enveloping her index finger and glowing as she uttered the verbal component to her spell. "Alestra inferna abjura!"

A bright orange aura shone around all her allies, as the Incantartrix nodded with approval. "Now, I have also prepared a Mass Fireshield spell which will make his breath completely ineffective in conjunction the Resist Energy I just bestowed upon us. However, I would rather not use up my trump card to make it last a whole day, and it's duration is otherwise quite short. Everyone stay within fifty five feet from me at all times and I will cast it at the first hint of trouble."

Elistina's voice was calm, she talked as if she were discussing spices and pie baking. A turtle, albeit of the Dragon kind, did not scare the small disciple of the Arcane arts.

She then waved her finger in a different manner, a more intricate pattern, as she stated "Aleyvara Liartha!". Everyone seemed lighter on their feet once the spell settled in, as there is a barely noticeable white glow around their feet. "There, now you all can fly along my side. I suggest we keep a good distance from the water."

[sblock]She casts Resist Energy, Mass: Fire. Everyone gets Energy Resistence (Fire) 30. Duration 120 minutes. She has a total of 12 targets, so apart from the party she will target the captain, first mate, navigator and whomever else is deemed important on the ship.

Same thing when she casts Fly, Mass.

She then flies above the ship on her mount, but within casting range for Fire Shield, Mass.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock for Today]This includes the persisted buff spells:
Initative: + 7, HP: 86/86, Fort: +17, Ref: +15, Will: +19, AC: 28, Ranged Attack: +13, Energy Resistance (Fire): 30

[sblock=Special]Low-Light Vision (Ex)
Darkvision 60 ft. (Ex)
Silence (SLA) 1/day, centered on self, CL1, DC: 12
Abrupt Jaunt (SLA) 3+7/day
Cooperative Metamagic (Su) 3+7/day
Metamagic Effect (Su) 3+7/day (3 remain, magic tattoo lasts 48 hours so 4 for tomorow)
Metamagic Spell Trigger (Su)
Sieze Concentration (Su)
Instant Metamagic (Su)
Ray Deflection (24 hr. recast every day)[/sblock]

Yellow for persisted spells.

0 level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, Enlarge Person, Alarm, True Strike, Grease x2
2 level: Glitterdust, Web, Cat's Grace, Rope Trick, Baleful Transposition (Sc), Create Magic Tattoo (Sc), Slide, Greater (Sc),
3 level: Phantom Steed x 2 1, Stinking Cloud, Haste, Mage Armor, Greater (Sc), Unluck, Spiderskin (Underdark),
4 level: Ray Deflection (Sc), Resist Energy, Mass (Sc), [Quickened] True Strike, Burning Blood (CAr), Celerity (PHBII)
5 level: [Empowered] Shivering Touch, Teleport, Fire Shield, Mass (Sc), Fly, Mass (Sc), [Split Ray, Empowered] Ray of Enfeeblement
6 level: [Split Ray, Repeat Spell] Ray of Clumsiness, Resistance, Superior (Sc), Freezing Fog, [Split Ray, Empowered] Enervation (+2 cl)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads