• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide IC thread

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Conjurer could not help herself but get involved. With a calm voice she stated: "We were presented with authority over a sum of gold and precious gems. How much coin will sway your mind?"

Having banished powerful demons and slain rogue Wizards, Elistina could not bring herself down to grovel before this beast that reeked of wilting seaweed and rotting fish.

[sblock=Statblock for Today]This includes the persisted buff spells:
Initative: + 7, HP: 86/86, Fort: +17, Ref: +15, Will: +19, AC: 28, Ranged Attack: +13, Energy Resistance (Fire): 30

[sblock=Special]Low-Light Vision (Ex)
Darkvision 60 ft. (Ex)
Silence (SLA) 1/day, centered on self, CL1, DC: 12
Abrupt Jaunt (SLA) 3+7/day
Cooperative Metamagic (Su) 3+7/day
Metamagic Effect (Su) 3+7/day (3 remain, magic tattoo lasts 48 hours so 4 for tomorow)
Metamagic Spell Trigger (Su)
Sieze Concentration (Su)
Instant Metamagic (Su)
Ray Deflection (24 hr. recast every day)

Energy Resistance (Fire) - 120 minutes
Fliy - 120 minutes
[/sblock]

Yellow for persisted spells.

0 level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, Nerveskitter x 2 (Sc), True Strike, Grease x2
2 level: Glitterdust, Web, Cat's Grace, Rope Trick, Baleful Transposition (Sc), Create Magic Tattoo (Sc), Slide, Greater (Sc),
3 level: Phantom Steed x 2 1, Stinking Cloud, Haste, Mage Armor, Greater (Sc), Unluck, Spiderskin (Underdark),
4 level: Ray Deflection (Sc), Resist Energy, Mass (Sc), [Quickened] True Strike, Burning Blood (CAr), Celerity (PHBII)
5 level: [Empowered] Shivering Touch, Teleport, Fire Shield, Mass (Sc), Fly, Mass (Sc), [Split Ray, Empowered] Ray of Enfeeblement
6 level: [Split Ray, Repeat Spell] Ray of Clumsiness, Resistance, Superior (Sc), Freezing Fog, [Split Ray, Empowered] Enervation (+2 cl)[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

The drow stands leans against the central mast, keeping an eye on the dragon from behind the cowls of her cloak.

She watches the others conversing with the giant creature, preferring them to do the talking than herself, as she is better suited to other tasks, and even dragon turtles might harbor a resentment for the dark elves....

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

Darius flexes his spectral draconic wings and tries to discern if any spells are cast upon the enormous Dragon Turtle.

[sblock=ooc]
Darius activates Draconic Flight and then uses Magical Insight

Active Invocations:
- See the Unseen
- Endure Exposure
- Draconic Flight
[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=OOC]you were given abut 10,000 gp in various items with about half of it in gold. The items are the things Lavinia is most concerned about[/sblock]

ROLL CALL I'll dig up the OOC in a sec

"How much will you pay me? the Pirates would pay me 100 gold every month to let one ship pass through, I would like more than that." he says

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sharazek takes a mock-moment to consider, then calls out again, "I have the capacity to offer you two-hundred fifty gold pieces per month. With a two-month advance. Is this acceptable, Mighty Emraag?"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil's brows raised unseen beneath the cowls of her cloak as the dragon turtle mentioned the paltry sum of 100 gp per month.

"This has to be a joke," she thought to herself,"I cannot see why Lavinia would send us carrying almost ten thousand gold to only pay out a fraction of it...."

She eyed the dragon more closely, as if trying to see inside of its head.

"Would it be too much to ask of these people to pick up a meager understanding of the sign language of my people???" she thinks, frustrated.

OOC: too bad we don't have any way of putting a homing beacon on the turtle.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

Darius is a bit shocked by the turtles modesty. Definetly not a real dragon being...

[sblock=ooc]
Darius activates Draconic Flight and then uses Magical Insight

Active Invocations:
- See the Unseen
- Endure Exposure
- Draconic Flight
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Elistina remained silent on her spectral mount, letting the Spellscae talk. Was this turtle mocking them? A farmer could make one hundred gold by selling pickles. Or was it genuinely of low intelligence? Those of the Dragonkind would usually be smart and wise. Perhaps this was not the case here.

The Gnome touched the spellbook on her belt. It was a mock spellbook, trapped with numerous Sepia Snake Sigils. The real one resided in her Harversack. It still felt reassuring, to touch the leather bound tome with the tip of her finger.

The Conjurer shifted her gaze towards the Halfing, flying besides her and grinning like a village boy at the fair. "Has he not encountered magic before?" she asked herself. Her gaze swept past the Drow priestess - that was a creature worth watching most carefully.

[sblock=Statblock for today][sblock=Special]Low-Light Vision (Ex)
Darkvision 60 ft. (Ex)
Silence (SLA) 1/day, centered on self, CL1, DC: 12
Abrupt Jaunt (SLA) 3+7/day
Cooperative Metamagic (Su) 3+7/day
Metamagic Effect (Su) 3+7/day (3 remain, magic tattoo lasts 48 hours so 4 for tomorow)
Metamagic Spell Trigger (Su)
Sieze Concentration (Su)
Instant Metamagic (Su)
Ray Deflection (24 hr. recast every day)

Energy Resistance (Fire) - 120 minutes
Fliy - 120 minutes
[/sblock]

Yellow for persisted spells.

0 level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, Nerveskitter x 2 (Sc), True Strike, Grease x2
2 level: Glitterdust, Web, Cat's Grace, Rope Trick, Baleful Transposition (Sc), Create Magic Tattoo (Sc), Slide, Greater (Sc),
3 level: Phantom Steed x 2 1, Stinking Cloud, Haste, Mage Armor, Greater (Sc), Unluck, Spiderskin (Underdark),
4 level: Ray Deflection (Sc), Resist Energy, Mass (Sc), [Quickened] True Strike, Burning Blood (CAr), Celerity (PHBII)
5 level: [Empowered] Shivering Touch, Teleport, Fire Shield, Mass (Sc), Fly, Mass (Sc), [Split Ray, Empowered] Ray of Enfeeblement
6 level: [Split Ray, Repeat Spell] Ray of Clumsiness, Resistance, Superior (Sc), Freezing Fog, [Split Ray, Empowered] Enervation (+2 cl)[/sblock]

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sooo, how much are you going to give Emraag, I guess I did play him a bit too modestly.

looks like we lost ethandrew over the lul, and picked up Theroc, also, it is not too late to kill Emraag, if you REALLY want to, I suspect the party would be able to take him down, you may need a day's rest afterward though[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well, as my post says, Sharazek is trying to convince him to go 250/month, two months paid right now (500 GP).

He's going to try to keep the payment low, both now and for the future. I figure those high social skills will help. Diplomacy +19, Bluff +15, Intimidate +16. Of course, I'll be trying more Diplomacy than the others...
[/sblock]

Remove ads