• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide IC thread

ethandrew

First Post
Seafaring was never a favorite of Fenrick's, but he'd become more acclimated over the past few months. Still, any violent rocking sent the halfling's balance and stomach on edge. Currently, however, he found himself nestled in some loose rigging, using it as a makeshift hammock. Lazily he'd toss a knife at one of the masts, sticking it routinely in the same spot, then rocking his hammock over to retrieve it before starting the whole routine again.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

The dark elf had no love for the sea -- as it was somewhat foreign to her. She spent most of her time alone in her cabin, where she was tossing the contents of her stomach overboard on a frequent basis.

"Curses to this hellish rocking!" cries the drow to herself in her cabin.

During the moments when she wasn't turning a shade of green, she was in contact with her dieties representatives, gathering information about the dragon turtle.

[sblock=DM]
Five days travel will allow for five castings of Divination casting of Commune.

Question #1:
Is Emraag, the dragon turtle, possessing of another bloodline other than dragon turtle?

Question #2:
What sort of henchmen, if any, does Emraag employ?

Question #3:
Is Emraag's lair underwater?

Question #4:
Will Emraag honor his word in bargains?

Question #5:
Are demons and devils associates of Emraag?

Question #6:
Are there more powerful entities behind Emraag (i.e. is Emraag merely a pawn in a larger game)?

Question #7:

Question #8:

Question #9:

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sharazek, being a spellscale and always in search of new experiences (even when they're not really new), quite enjoys the seafaring. But he has no illusions about his swimming ability, or lack thereof, so he makes a pact with Focalor instead of Karsus for the journey, just in case he goes overboard. The little blue-scaled man hangs near the prow of the ship, holding onto the rigging and every so often climbing out onto the figurehead, just for the fun of it. And similarly, he enjoys using his skill with illusions to change the figurehead to a variety of things, from a constantly-morphing dragon's head to a mermaid to a really big fish. And of course, he is giggling madly every time one of the sailors looks at it in confusion.

All of this wouldn't be a real issue if the spellscale didn't get another idea into his head... Late on the second day, well after the spectacle of the roc, he changes the figurehead to a gigantic fish-head again and makes it start singing in a high-pitched, reedy voice. With Sharazek giggling like a madman in the background.

"Fish heads, fish heads, roly-poly fish heads! Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up! Yum!" And it only goes downhill from there...

[sblock=OOC and Apologies]
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist... When I have limitless illusions at my fingertips, I'm going to do something, and this just struck my funny bone. So, without further ado, may I present (by Barnes and Barnes) "Fish Heads". :p
(The song itself kicks in at about 2 minutes in.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpUVAcvWfU]Fish Heads[/ame]

I'm also assuming the roc isn't attacking and we just sail on past. Sharazek isn't going to start a fight we can just avoid. Despite how he might want a roc feather for his hat. ;)
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

Darius suspiciously watches the rock flying around them. He doesn't like big birds (or bats for the record). Not seeing the others reacting aggressively to it, he stays in his slightly hidden place and waits if an attack will come...

[sblock=ooc]

Active Invocations:
- See the Unseen
- Endure Exposure
[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
The roc flies by without trouble, and the voyage settles down for a little bit, on the coast, various creatures scuttle in and out of the woods, the shore becomes rockier as time passes and you know that you are nearing Gallivant cove.

[sblock=s@squ@tch]
1: no

2: none, but there are creatures farther into the cave system.

3: He lives underwater, but most interactions with him take place at the entrance to the cove.[/sblock]

bedford

First Post
Skrymer enjoys the trip and spends most of his time on deck resting. To the crew it looks like he is sleeping and only staying awake long enough to gulp down some mead or meat and then fall asleep again, His friends know better. He's fully aware of the rock and the "dragonmans" disturbing magic display.

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Whisper Gnome took no fondness to seafaring, but unlike the Drow and the Halfling she was somewhat more resilient to the sea sickness and did not spill the contents of her stomach, possibly because of the close relation between Gnomish and Dwarven blood. Upon reaching the cove, the Incantatrix prepared herself by conjuring her phantom steed - upon the deck appeared a large, quasi-real, horselike creature with a black head and body, gray mane and tail, and smoke-colored, insubstantial hooves that made no sound.

"I shall cover you from a distance. I am not much good for diplomacy." she stated bluntly to her allies as she mounted the creature - a tiny, dry female upon such a large beast seemed almost comic, if it were not for the eerie aura of the Phantom Steed.

Elistina waved and set off to the sky, several hundred feet above water, for good measure and away form the attacks of any sea creatures lurking below.

[sblock=Statblock for Today]This includes the persisted buff spells:
Initative: + 7, HP: 86/86, Fort: +17, Ref: +15, Will: +19, AC: 28, Ranged Attack: +13,

[sblock=Special]Low-Light Vision (Ex)
Darkvision 60 ft. (Ex)
Silence (SLA) 1/day, centered on self, CL1, DC: 12
Abrupt Jaunt (SLA) 3+7/day
Cooperative Metamagic (Su) 3+7/day
Metamagic Effect (Su) 3+7/day (3 remain, magic tattoo lasts 48 hours so 4 for tomorow)
Metamagic Spell Trigger (Su)
Sieze Concentration (Su)
Instant Metamagic (Su)
Ray Deflection (24 hr. recast every day)[/sblock]

0 level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, Enlarge Person, Alarm, True Strike, Grease x2
2 level: Glitterdust, Web, Cat's Grace, Rope Trick, Baleful Transposition (Sc), Create Magic Tattoo (Sc), Slide, Greater (Sc),
3 level: Phantom Steed x 2 1, Stinking Cloud, Haste, Mage Armor, Greater (Sc), Unluck, Spiderskin (Underdark),
4 level: Ray Deflection (Sc), Resist Energy, Mass (Sc), [Quickened] True Strike, Burning Blood (CAr), Celerity (PHBII)
5 level: [Empowered] Shivering Touch, Teleport, Fire Shield, Mass (Sc), Fly, Mass (Sc), [Split Ray, Empowered] Ray of Enfeeblement
6 level: [Split Ray, Repeat Spell] Ray of Clumsiness, Resistance, Superior (Sc), Freezing Fog, [Split Ray, Empowered] Enervation (+2 cl)[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=S@squ@tch]
1: no
2: none
3: yes
4: yes
5: no
6: yes, but not directly
7:
8:
9:

You might want to share that information with the group ;)[/sblock]

As you near the entrance to the cove, you see a shipwreck jutting out from the waves near the entrance, much of it is destroyed by the name Gallivant is clearly visible. As you enter the cove, one of the crew comes out with a strange pipe intstrument, called a sea skirl. "We need to play this to get Emraag out of his hiding place." he says.

Last edited:

Remove ads