KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Outside St. Louis/Mississippi River
PA 109 (May 13)/3 hours past sunset
Round 5

Benny to Soak damage plus Joker: 1D8.OPEN(8)+2 = [5]+2 = 7
1D6.OPEN(6)+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Alenysturathe roared in agony as the elf blasted her with some kind of techno-wizardry gadget. She snarled at the mage and opened her mouth, shooting a gout of fire at him. As she did, she grabbed up the vampire bride she had just downed. She was going to make sure this one didn’t get up again! Her claws still flaming, she wrenched at the creature’s head to try and tear it off. She doubted the creature would get up from that!

[sblock=Actions]
Move: None
Action: Shooting at Magnus, wild attack, multiple actions, size penalty: 1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [4]-2 = 2
1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [5]-2 = 3

Finishing Move on the vampire bride to tear her head off.
Conditions: Flaming Scales
Flaming scales damage field: 3D6.OPEN(6) = [5, 3, 3] = 11
Recharge:
Bennies: 1/3
Hours Left for Human: 4/6 Reset: 0/6 hours
Flaming Scales: 6/6 rounds Reset 0/10m 3d6 fire MD
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alenysturathe Mini-stats]
Alenysturathe Character Sheet

Parry: 5
Toughness (Dragon): 28 (+16 MDC)
Toughness (Human): 9 (+8 MDC)
Wounds: 0
Slow Regeneration: Make a natural healing roll once per day.

PPE: 10/10
ISP: 10/10
[/sblock]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Sensing the tide of the battle turning, Dawn concentrated on the MOM enhancile, recalling her training and the focus that her mentor taught her. The clarity of thought and word and deed that created a sword in her shaped like her best self. She reignited the psionic field protecting her, and then struck again at Killboy, twice in succession...

OOC: Psionics roll to reactivate Deflection.: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [1] = 1

Dawn Wild Die.: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2

Using benny: Dawn psionics reroll to activate Deflection.: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4

So she reactivates it and attacks are -2 to hit her for three rounds.

Dawn then takes a Wild Attack, taking -2 to her defenses and +2 to hit and damage, and she takes her swings. Just regular old trying-to-cut-him swings this time.

Dawn attack rolls.: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [5] = 5
1D10.OPEN(10) = [4] = 4

Boosting the 5 with: Dawn boost to attack roll via Benny.: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2

+2 from wild swing, +1 ganging up, -1 from wounds and -2 from super-reflexes on his part puts them at 7 and 4, respectively.

Damage from the one that hit: Dawn psisword damage.: 1D6.OPEN(6)+2D8.OPEN(8) = [2]+[2, 6] = 10

+2 from the wild swing means it's a 12 damage.

Shayuri

First Post
Now thoroughly exhausted, Deezy had little choice but to duck behind a pillar and get cover for a second.

She produced a small device that looked a bit like a cocktail parasol made of tin foil attached to a few cylinders that had been taped together. With a twist of a little ring on the bottom, the parasol unfolded and made a whining noise. Deezy took a deep breath and concentrated on the device, feeling it grow warm between her hands. The warmth spread out into her, through her...concentrating the energy in the ley line and feeding it into her.

Technowizardry to recover PPE from ley line: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [4] = 4
1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2

GreenKarl

First Post
Alenys shurged off the necrotic blast and tried to burn the wizard in return but missed. She then flew into the air to land near the fleeing vampire. Her flames burned the creature causing the ‘woman’ to scream in rage and pain. Dawn struck out at the crazy but her blades could not get back the madman’s defense or resistance! Varg however against struck man to send him reeling back as Deezy drew on the amazing energy of the Ley-Lines.

Magus against conjured a great greenish cloud of energy that slammed into the young dragon and sent to stumbling back in pain!! Killboy shock his head in frustration saying “You two are a nightmare of distractions an’t you? Come to visit my dreams. Be gone with you!!!”

GM: [sblock=Rolls]Alenys missed Magnus with her flame breath, moved to the Vampire and her flaming scales caused her to be shaken. You did not take a second attack against the Vampire bride so you can. If you wild swing, you are only -2 to hit her because of the multiple action penalty. If you hit you will probably ‘kill’ her again. If you do enough damage I will say it rips her head off. This does not ‘kill’ the vampire (unless you burn both parts separately; takes one round) but it does mean she can regeneration!

Dawn struck Killboy but his Toughness right now is 15 (two psi-blades have AP-2) or 13 vs. her attacks. 10 did not get through to him.

Deezy recovers PPE

Varg attacks with his vibro-sword, wild attack, Attack rolls: 1D10.OPEN(10)+3 = [7]+3 = 10; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2, hit with a Raise. Damage (with raise): 2D6.OPEN(6)+2D8.OPEN(8) = [5, 2]+[1, 5] = 13, shakes him again.

Magnus fires another big necrotic spell (Greater Blast) at Alenys, Spell casting roll: 1D12.OPEN(12)+2 = [12, 3]+2 = 17; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [3] = 3, hit with a Raise. Damage (with raise): 3D10.OPEN(10)+1D6.OPEN(6) = [3, 7, 8]+[6, 6, 4] = 34, ow!! So 6 over your Toughness of 28, that is Shaken and a Wound. Again, if you have Benny you can soak. If you get at least a 4 you take no damage and are not shaken. He is now down to 31 PPE.

Killboy Recover from Shaken: 1D8.OPEN(8)+2 = [1]+2 = 3; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4, he made it but without a raise so it takes him his full round. MAN he has been shaken and spent the whole round to recover for like 3 rounds now!!!

NOTE that next round Marcus will make an appearance. I figured it would take him a round or two to get here…[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Alenys – 5 of Clubs
Dawn – 6 of Spades
Deezy – 6 of Diamonds
Varg – 5 of Diamonds
Marcus – Queen of Clubs

Magnus – Queen of Spades
Killboy – Ace of Diamonds

Badguys go first. NOTE that Alenys still has the option of attacking the Vampire Bride last round AND making a Soak roll vs. the damage she just took. I will resolve those before this rounds attack IF she wants to.[/sblock]

Magnus laughs and says “Now dragon you will feel my true power and DIE!!!” as he blasted the dragon again but this time his spell simply bounced off the hatchling’s hide!!! Killboy however laughed and slashed with his blades, cutting Varg with two deep cuts!!! The burster almost dropped his sword from the pain of his wounds.

GM: [sblock=Rolls]Magnus casting a necrotic spell (Greater Blast) at Alenys, Spell casting roll: 1D12.OPEN(12)+2 = [12, 5]+2 = 19; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2, hit with a raise again. Damage (with raise): 3D10.OPEN(10)+1D6.OPEN(6) = [7, 5, 4]+[2] = 18, but no damage. He now has 23 PPE.

Killboy (yea he gets to act), He is attacking Dawn once and Varg twice (with split the second and two weapon fighting), in that order. Varg’s Parry is 5 right now. Three melee attack rolls: 1D12.OPEN(12) = [4] = 4; 1D12.OPEN(12) = [7] = 7; 1D12.OPEN(12) = [10] = 10 and Wild Die: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [3] = 3, so he missed Dawn and hit Varg twice, once with a Raise (forgot Dawn’s -2 to being hit, but he was not even close. However I also forgot that Crazy’s have Unnatural Reflexes which means that you all suffer a -2 on your Attack rolls against him (-3 from ranged attacks). So while Killboy’s Parry is 6, you have a -2 to hit him going forward). Damage from attack: 2D10.OPEN(10) = [9, 5] = 14 and Damage (with raise): 2D10.OPEN(10)+1D6.OPEN(6) = [8, 1]+[5] = 14, vs. Varg’s Toughness of 8 (AP-4 for vibro-swords). First attack, shaken an 1 wound. Second attack 2 wounds. Will spend his last Benny to try and soak the second attack, Soak roll: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5, so he soaked one wound. Varg is Shaken and has 2 wounds!!

Player’s Actions?? Note that if Alenys did not soak the damage from last round, she is Shaken and needs to make a Spirits check to recover.[/sblock]

Positions
Alenys is 14” past Dawn and Varg within the room by the Vampire Bride (22” from Deezy)
Dawn and Varg are inside past the door (8”) facing Killboy
Deezy is at the entrance of the door now, so 8” from the rest of the party and 20” from the table where Magnus is.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Every instinct Dawn had told her that she was in trouble and that the man in front of her, by sheer dint of his overclocked brain, was a better fighter. Her confidence faded momentarily, and her swords wavered as she saw Varg badly wounded.

Then she heard what the man said - something about dreams? And she recalled the words of her mentor. "A cyberknight doesn't fight angry, Dawn. She fights smart."

OOC: Dawn Smarts roll.: 1D8.OPEN(8)-1 = [5]-1 = 4

That's a success, so...

MOM enhanciles - "crazies" to use the popular term - often suffered delusions due to their minds being pushed beyond the breaking point by the enhancements. Dawn realized that the crazy was suffering under the delusion that he was dreaming.

Dawn shifted her sword back to one single, stronger blade, to try and cut through the crazy's bio-feedback hardened flesh, and with her free hand, snapped her fingers. "Yer right. We're just nightmares. Time to wake up."

GreenKarl

First Post

GM: You made the first Smart's roll so I would be inclined to give you +1 (not -1) so your 4 becomes a 6, unless I am forgetting something. If you are thinking Multi-action penalty, the first Smart roll is just to guess his delusions, so no Action required (unless it is Wounds, then ok you got a 5 then). Also as these are two separate rolls (the first is a basic 'knowledge' check and the second a Trick, you can have your wild die in both cases (you can roll them an maybe get better).

CharlotteOz

Explorer
GM: You made the first Smart's roll so I would be inclined to give you +1 (not -1) so your 4 becomes a 6, unless I am forgetting something. If you are thinking Multi-action penalty, the first Smart roll is just to guess his delusions, so no Action required (unless it is Wounds, then ok you got a 5 then). Also as these are two separate rolls (the first is a basic 'knowledge' check and the second a Trick, you can have your wild die in both cases (you can roll them an maybe get better).

Most of my multiattack is bound up in two swords, and having two doesn't seem like a viable option against this goofball. The -1 were for Dawn's wound. But, for Wild dice:

So, the original rolls still stand.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Outside St. Louis
PA 109 (May 13)/3 hours past sunset
Round 6

Previous round:

[sblock=OOC]Okay, I guess I thought it was just a Finishing Move, per the rules, page 81. If you need another attack, here it is. But, I mean, her Parry would be 0, wouldn’t it, since she’s unconscious?

_: 1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [1]-2 = -1
1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [6, 3]-2 = 7

So not sure if I get to add extra damage, since I don’t know what her unconscious Parry is…

Bite damage: 3D6.OPEN(6)+1D12.OPEN(12)+4 = [3, 1, 1]+[6]+4 = 15

Possible extra damage from raise?: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5
[/sblock]

This round…

[sblock=OOC]Spending my last Benny to Soak.
Soak roll: 1D8.OPEN(8) = [2] = 2
1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5

[/sblock]

Alenysturathe howled in pain again as the mage fired at her once more. She snarled at him and her flaming scales went out with a puff of smoke all around her. She raised a wing defensively as he fired at her again, but did negligible damage to her thick hide. It was time to finish him!

The young dragon leapt into the air, her wings carrying her the short distance to the mad elf. She opened her maw to bathe him in fire.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Fly to Marcus (I believe she can reach him with her movement)
Action: Wild attack flame breath: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5
1D6.OPEN(6) = [6, 6, 3] = 15

YEEEES! 3 RAISES!
Wild attack flame breath: 5D6.OPEN(6) = [2, 4, 6, 6, 2, 1, 2] = 23
Conditions:
Recharge:
Bennies: 0/3
Hours Left for Human: 4/6 Reset: 0/6 hours
Flaming Scales: 6/6 rounds Reset 0/10m 3d6 fire MD
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alenysturathe Mini-stats]
Alenysturathe Character Sheet

Parry: 5
Toughness (Dragon): 28 (+16 MDC)
Toughness (Human): 9 (+8 MDC)
Wounds: 0
Slow Regeneration: Make a natural healing roll once per day.

PPE: 10/10
ISP: 10/10
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Sharp-eared Deezy heard Dawn's words to the augmented warrior, and it set wheels turning in her head. There wasn't TIME for wheels though, so instead she just acted on pure instinct. She grabbed a ceramic canister off one of her bandoliers and screwed it to the end of the Omniblaster, grumbling to herself. This wasn't the way she preferred working, but she preferred getting torn up by a crazy guy even less!

The sliver of Essence of Somnus was something Deezy'd been saving in hopes of powering some kind of awesome simulated reality machine, or maybe a nonlethal crowd control solution. It was a real shame to expend it now, like this...but ya had to do what ya had to do! Quick and dirty solutions were rarely optimal.

But, in their favor, they were quick.

The force of her blast, fired through the Essence, became something foggy and ethereal...floating through the air gently to land just beyond the crazy before bursting in a puff of pinkish smoke and gentle chiming music.

(Stunting Mega-Slumber, and firing as a multi-action. Effective 7 on activation roll means no raise; he's at -2 to Spirit to resist (because it's mega). Medium Burst template is positioned far enough behind him that it won't catch Dawn or other allies. I think Elfo is too far, but if it can hit him too that's a bonus. :))

(Special OOC Note: Thanks to Dawn's player for being super-patient and helping me sort through the plethora of options I was choking on. :))

TW to stunt the Slumber power, at -2 due to it being Seasoned: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [3] = 3
1D6.OPEN(6) = [1] = 1

TW to stunt the Slumber power, at -2 due to it being Seasoned; Benny: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [9] = 9
1D6.OPEN(6) = [1] = 1

(OOC note - forgot it's at -4 due to being multiaction AND seasoned, but a 5 still succeeds)

Activate Slumber as multiple action; -2: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [9] = 9
1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4

GreenKarl

First Post
Dawn tries to goat Killboy with his own delusions, but he shouted back at her madly "I will show you who is a dream and who is DEAD"

Roaring with rage Alenys flies closer to the elf mage and breaks fire down upon him!! But as the cloud of flames dispersed the elf was still standing, energy crackling around him as his magical shield absorbed most of the energy. He gritted his teeth as power started too collect around his hands for another attack against the hatchling!!

This Deezy, her hands moving quickly and snapping various pieces of gear together in some unholy mechanical fashion, blasted Killboy with an energy bolt. At first it appeared the man was going to stumble but then he shock his head with a howl and with spittle spraying roared in defiance!!!

Varg swung his chain sword wildly at the man but his wounds were too much for him and the sword only sliced the air in front of the madman. It was appearing that the battle might be turning against the heroes when suddenly a shout from the stairs cries "Hey you remember me dillweed??"

Marcus appeared racing down the stairs as he added some gadget to a pistol like weapon he was carrying. He then shot a ball of fire the exploded around Alenys and the elf wizard but both seem unaffected by the blast of heat. He cursed his luck and he started fittling with it again...

GM: [sblock=Rolls]Killboy's Smart test to resist, Smarts to resist trick: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2, so he made it...

Just as a quick note you can only make Wild Attacks with Melee attacks, not ranged. You still rolled high enough that you hit Magus with a Raise so no big deal :)

Magus has Greater Armor cast on himself so his Toughness is 16 so 23 is Shaken and a Wound. I am going to use his last Benny to try and Soak that, Soak roll: 1D8.OPEN(8) = [1] = 1; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4, so he made it. He soaked the damage but he is all out of Bennies.

Killboy Resisting slumber power: 1D8.OPEN(8)-2 = [6]-2 = 4; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5, so he made it!!! Oh the heroes are having great rolls but so are the badguys!!!

Varg makes a Wild Attack against Killboy, -2 to Wounds, +2 to Wild Attack +1 for gang up bonus; Attack roll: 1D10.OPEN(10)+1 = [1]+1 = 2; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [2] = 2 and he missed with a 2!!!

Then Marcus makes his appearance. He is using Gadgeteer to make his Blast power with the Fire trappings; Techno-wizard skill check: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [7] = 7; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [6, 3] = 9, made it with a raise. Then attack roll. This is an area attack that will hit both Marcus and Alenys, but as it is fire damage she ignores it!! Techno-wizard attack roll: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [5] = 5; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [1] = 1, hit. He is doing 3d10 (so spending 8PPE from the device) in a Medium Burst Template, Damage from attack: 3D10.OPEN(10) = [4, 7, 4] = 15, no damage :( oh well, next time.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative Cards]Alenys - 6 of Clubs
Dawn - 9 of Diamonds
Deezy - King of Spades
Varg - 3 of Hearts
Marcus - 10 of Diamonds

Magnus - Joker and Ace of Hearts
Killboy - 6 of Hearts

Villains go first[/sblock]

Magnus eyes burned bright with rage, his arrogance could not consider the insults that were being placed upon him. Too think that these gnats were not only assaulting him in his own home but they had the nerve to still be alive!!! Inconceivable!!! He conjured another great ball of necrotic energy into his hands and blasted right into the dragon hatchlings face but she was too tough and the blast did not harm her!!!

Killboy slashed at Dawn twice but could get past her defenses but then a black-handed slash cut into Varg side and cause the Burner too cry out in pain and fall back wounded and unconscious!!!

GM: [sblock=Rolls]Magnus uses Blast again, for 8PPE (bring him down to 15 points. Also forgot to spent two more on maintaining Armor so he is down to 12 right now). Casting a spell: 1D12.OPEN(12)-1 = [10]-1 = 9; 1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5, hit with a raise, Damage with a raise: 3D10.OPEN(10)+1D6.OPEN(6) = [6, 8, 6]+[5] = 25, so close BUT does not hurt Alenys!!

Killboy focuses his attacks 2 on Dawn, one of Varg (with Split the second), Fighting attack: 1D12.OPEN(12) = [2] = 2; 1D12.OPEN(12) = [5] = 5; 1D12.OPEN(12) = [11] = 11 and Wild dice to replace the 2, Wild Dice roll: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [3] = 3, so miss, miss down, hit Varg with a raise :( poor Varg. Damage with a: 2D10.OPEN(10)+1D6.OPEN(6) = [8, 7]+[4] = 19, that is 11 over his Toughness so 2 wounds meaning that Varg goes down!!!

Heroes Actions!![/sblock]

Positions
Alenys is close to Magnus by the talbe.
Dawn and Varg are inside past the door (8”) facing Killboy
Deezy is at the entrance of the door now, so 8” from the rest of the party and 20” from the table where Magnus is.
Marcus is 40" from the entryway and 20" from where Alenys and Magnus are.

Remove ads