• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Save or DIE spells level by level.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
Did y'all forget meteor swarm?

Meteor swarm is pure hit point damage. It's good to kill someone by beating them with large objects (meteors), but it does not make the target incapacitated or slain automatically.

Also, if we are including super damage spells, Creeping Doom would be at the top of the list....

I'll go back and edit my list...

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Darklone said:

Web? Tashas Laughter? Slow? All these incapacitate you, but you're not helpless.

I was wondering that most here didn't mention Colour spray...

Well since the original poster asked for a list of spells that incapacitated it seems approriate to bring them up. :)

and you may notice I did list color spray.

Gez

First Post
andargor said:

<Rant Mode>
Egads, that means "hit of fat". It's spelled coup de grâce.
</Rant Mode>

Andargor

Yeah, it annoys me too. Why don't English-speaking people just use "merciful blow" rather than mistreat French ?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
because french deserve mistreating :D

Honestly I don't see how its something to get irritated over, correct people if you feel like it. But get irritated that people can't spell all terms even when in another language is just wierd.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Cloudgatherer said:

Meteor swarm is pure hit point damage. It's good to kill someone by beating them with large objects (meteors), but it does not make the target incapacitated or slain automatically.

Also, if we are including super damage spells, Creeping Doom would be at the top of the list....

I'll go back and edit my list...

And its really sissy HP damage to boot.

To add one to the lsit though not a ral save or die, i think Bigbies crushing hand is brutal. Its large with an abusrd str, and attackbs with a fighter bab with I think the wizards int bonus to help. face it if medium sized you're grappled and crushed. You need team amtes vs this spell or teleport with a nice concentration check.

Gez

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:
But get irritated that people can't spell all terms even when in another language is just wierd.

Weird, not wierd!

Or where you just being rougish with that tounge ?

:)D)

BelgarathTAO said:
Evards Tenticle

Evard's black tentacles.

Last edited:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Gez said:

Weird, not wierd!

Or where you just being rougish with that tounge ?

:)D)

Just a bad typist. Though that's one word I wouldn't begrudge anyone spelling wrong. I before E except after C or when it sounds like A like in neighbor or weigh. Weird doesn't qualify, so it's an excpetion to the rule. Weird isn't it.

Last edited:

isoChron

First Post
Cloudgatherer said:
Let's see now... if we just stick to PHB...

What!?!? No Save?:
Forcecage 7th
Power Word, Stun 7th (can't act for several rounds)

Wall of Force, hemispherical version or spherical version don't have a save either. It is a 5th level spell instead of 7th.
This spell doesn't have a 1500gp material component and lasts long enough to kill the victim.
At least with the hemispherical version it should be no problem. Leave a gap at the bottom to cast a spell to the area inside like fireballs, fogs, etc...
In the SRD there is a M under Components, but no Component is listed in the text... Copy Paste Error I think. Nearly all other wall spells that can capture a creature get a save, are easier to break and have at least a flavour material component. Only Wall of thorns seems to be breaking this series, too. But this is a druid spell only. Hmm...

Well, looking forward to 3.5e I hope this inconsistencies will be addressed.

BYE

Caliban

Rules Monkey
isoChron said:

Wall of Force, hemispherical version or spherical version don't have a save either. It is a 5th level spell instead of 7th.
This spell doesn't have a 1500gp material component and lasts long enough to kill the victim.
At least with the hemispherical version it should be no problem. Leave a gap at the bottom to cast a spell to the area inside like fireballs, fogs, etc...
In the SRD there is a M under Components, but no Component is listed in the text... Copy Paste Error I think. Nearly all other wall spells that can capture a creature get a save, are easier to break and have at least a flavour material component. Only Wall of thorns seems to be breaking this series, too. But this is a druid spell only. Hmm...

Well, looking forward to 3.5e I hope this inconsistencies will be addressed.

BYE

It is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads