Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar IC

Goken100

First Post
Minor correction

OOC: As I mentioned above, Freggo used a healing surge, so he should be down 1 surge but at full HP.
I will post Kali's 1st round actions tomorrow morning. Very glad that hairychin posted the CB file. :) Gotta sleep now...

Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
OOC: I grant a +2 bonus to initiative for myself as well as everyone else. So, my initiative should be 2 higher. I think the bonus was accounted for on the rest of the party.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
OOC: As I mentioned above, Freggo used a healing surge, so he should be down 1 surge but at full HP.
I will post Kali's 1st round actions tomorrow morning. Very glad that hairychin posted the CB file. :) Gotta sleep now...

OOC: I grant a +2 bonus to initiative for myself as well as everyone else. So, my initiative should be 2 higher. I think the bonus was accounted for on the rest of the party.

OOC: I'll sort, apologies...

Goken100

First Post
Kali dives in swinging

Kali's eyes widen upon seeing the familiar figures of goblins before him. But the explosion and the ogre give him enough pause to assume a more cautious stance. Like the appraising hawk, Kali glides forward, surveying the battlefield. He pays particular attention to the ogre and the manner in which it is attached to the cart, and marks any weaknesses for future exploit.

But for the time being, the goblins numbers will be one fewer. Kali circles and dives into the front goblin on the right, chopping mightily with his ax. But Kalimaru has let his attention wander, and the Goblin sidesteps his clumsy attack, grinning with malice.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Minor Action: Aspect of the Soaring Hawk for +2 to speed, bonuses vs. cover, and +2 to Perception
Free Action: Perception vs. enemies, particularly ogre and cart
Move Action: Circle to W:14
Standard Action: Charge to Y:13 and MBA vs. Goblin #1 (Knocker)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
"So they brought an ogre with'em this time." Magnus shield and hammer still in hand moves and charges in.

OOC:
Move: X15
Standard: Charge Z14

tiornys

Explorer
[sblock=Goblin Tactics?]Do the Goblins have the typical immediate reaction ability? If so, I'd expect it to be used after Kali's attack. I'm going to assume that, if that was the case, Magnus still charged the same Goblin, and stayed within 2 squares of Kali. My turn won't change except the basic attack will be given to Magnus, not Kali (so -1 to hit), and Gorm will wind up adjacent to Magnus, nearest the rest of the enemy.[/sblock]

As the besieged goblin ducks and weaves, Ah-shahran stares at the enemy, seemingly lost in thought once again. In the midst of the action, Kali spots an opening as Magnus's hammer whistles through the air. Inspired by a brief *wuff*, he seizes his chance to correct his earlier mis-swing. However, the goblin remains impervious to attacks. Gorm's slightly glowing presence, a comfort to the two combatants, settles between them and the oncoming goblinoids.

[sblock=Mechanics]Free: Nature check on the enemy side
Minor: Call Spirit Companion at Y14, granting 4 temp HP to Kali.
Standard: Spirit Infusion, granting enhanced melee basic to Kali.
Move --> Minor: Call Spirit Companion at AA14, granting 4 temp HP to Magnus.
Free: mutter relevant knowledge in a rambly fashion, assuming my knowledge check was decent[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 30/30 Surges: 8/7 Surge Value: 7
AC: 16 Fortitude: 11 Reflex: 14 Will: 16
Resist: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 6 Initiative: (+2) 15
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
(will double-check AP status later) Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:

Actions:
[x]Standard
[x]Move
[x]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Spirit Infusion, Direct the Strike, Call Spirit Companion Twin Panthers, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Healing Spirit, Inspiring Word, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of the Healing Flood

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
"So they brought an ogre with'em this time." Magnus shield and hammer still in hand moves and charges in.

OOC:
Move: X15
Standard: Charge Z14

Magnus is first out of the blocks, head down he bullets forward, has to slow a little mid-stride to adjust his helm and see where he's going, and then charges at the nearest Goblin- and swings... and misses.

Magnus issues his challenge, 'don't move a muscle ya slimey wee eejit. I'll getchya nex' time.'

[sblock=Combat]
Encounter #2 The Firestarter

Turn: 1

Initiative (* = Next to play)

23 Magnus
16 Kalimaru*
15 Ah-shahran
14 Ogre
10 Kyalia
7 Hobgoblin Archer #1
7 Hobgoblin Archer #2
6 Goblin #1
6 Goblin #2
6 Goblin #3
6 Goblin #4
6 Goblin #5
5 Freggo
3 Viator

HP & Conditions

PCs
Ah-shahran 30/30 Surges 8/7
Freggo 27/27 Surges 9/8
Kalimaru 25/25 Surges 8/8
Kyalia 26/25 Surges 8/8
Magnus 38/36 Surges 13/12
Viator 26/25 Surges 8/7

Monsters

Ogre
Hobgoblin Archer #1
Hobgoblin Archer #2
Goblin #1
Goblin #2
Goblin #3
Goblin #4
Goblin #5

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Magnus- Move X17. Charge Goblin #1- Miss & Marked.

Kalimaru-

[/sblock]

New Map- next time.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Kali's eyes widen upon seeing the familiar figures of goblins before him. But the explosion and the ogre give him enough pause to assume a more cautious stance. Like the appraising hawk, Kali glides forward, surveying the battlefield. He pays particular attention to the ogre and the manner in which it is attached to the cart, and marks any weaknesses for future exploit.

But for the time being, the goblins numbers will be one fewer. Kali circles and dives into the front goblin on the right, chopping mightily with his ax. But Kalimaru has let his attention wander, and the Goblin sidesteps his clumsy attack, grinning with malice.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Minor Action: Aspect of the Soaring Hawk for +2 to speed, bonuses vs. cover, and +2 to Perception
Free Action: Perception vs. enemies, particularly ogre and cart
Move Action: Circle to W:14
Standard Action: Charge to Y:13 and MBA vs. Goblin #1 (Knocker)
[/sblock]

Freggo spots that Ogre is not 'attached' to the cart at all, a thick rope has been connected to the two spars, the Ogre merely pushes against the rope to impart forward momemtum- an engagingly simple design.

The Swordmage dances forward and around- the nips in to thrust his longsword at Knocker the Goblin, alas yet another Miss.

Knocker for his part looks mightily worried, he fears Maglubiyet has deserted him- what with two of the bigger folk choosing to attack him... He tries to remember back how he could have perhaps offended his god.

[sblock=Combat]

23 Magnus
16 Kalimaru
15 Ah-shahran*
14 Ogre
10 Kyalia
7 Hobgoblin Archer #1
7 Hobgoblin Archer #2
6 Goblin #1
6 Goblin #2
6 Goblin #3
6 Goblin #4
6 Goblin #5
5 Freggo
3 Viator

HP & Conditions

PCs
Freggo 27/27 Surges 9/8
Kyalia 26/25 Surges 8/8
Viator 26/25 Surges 8/7

Monsters

Ogre
Hobgoblin Archer #1
Hobgoblin Archer #2
Goblin #1
Goblin #2
Goblin #3
Goblin #4
Goblin #5

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Kalimaru- Aspect of the Soaring Hawk (Speed +2 Perc +2). Perception Ogre. Move W14. Charge Goblin #1- Miss.

Ah-shahran-

Ogre-

[/sblock]

Map Next time.

Goken100

First Post
Kali, not Freggo

OOC: DM: Remember I'm playing for Kali (in addition to Freggo) until hairychin gets back in a few weeks. I'll go ahead and correct it here. Also, not sure if you missed it, but Ah-shahran took his actions, so after those are resolved it's the ogre's turn.

KALI spots that Ogre is not 'attached' to the cart at all, a thick rope has been connected to the two spars, the Ogre merely pushes against the rope to impart forward momemtum- an engagingly simple design.

The SCOUT dances forward and around- the nips in to thrust his AX at Knocker the Goblin, alas yet another Miss.

Knocker for his part looks mightily worried, he fears Maglubiyet has deserted him- what with two of the bigger folk choosing to attack him... He tries to remember back how he could have perhaps offended his god.

OOC: And Kali will take a Free Action to say:

"Look, the beastly thing is pushing the cart forward with a single rope! Somebody cut it!"

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
[sblock=Goblin Tactics?]Do the Goblins have the typical immediate reaction ability? If so, I'd expect it to be used after Kali's attack. I'm going to assume that, if that was the case, Magnus still charged the same Goblin, and stayed within 2 squares of Kali. My turn won't change except the basic attack will be given to Magnus, not Kali (so -1 to hit), and Gorm will wind up adjacent to Magnus, nearest the rest of the enemy.[/sblock]

As the besieged goblin ducks and weaves, Ah-shahran stares at the enemy, seemingly lost in thought once again. In the midst of the action, Kali spots an opening as Magnus's hammer whistles through the air. Inspired by a brief *wuff*, he seizes his chance to correct his earlier mis-swing. However, the goblin remains impervious to attacks. Gorm's slightly glowing presence, a comfort to the two combatants, settles between them and the oncoming goblinoids.

[sblock=Mechanics]Free: Nature check on the enemy side
Minor: Call Spirit Companion at Y14, granting 4 temp HP to Kali.
Standard: Spirit Infusion, granting enhanced melee basic to Kali.
Move --> Minor: Call Spirit Companion at AA14, granting 4 temp HP to Magnus.
Free: mutter relevant knowledge in a rambly fashion, assuming my knowledge check was decent[/sblock]

[sblock=Goblin Tactics reply- all read]I am going to attempt to continue to play moving in Init order, you can pre-post of course- that would be great but I think me rolling the Init and you guys sticking in order is... well, working. I think the other way de-values Init (and a player or two has stated that they think the same).[/sblock]

Both Kali and Magnus are buoyed by the presence of Gorm- alas Kali's Battleaxe swipe is high wide and handsome, Knocker truly is living a blessed existence, despite his fear that Maglubiyet has abandoned him.

Ah-shahran, begins to ramble-

"Ware the great beast, tis an Ogre, it's Greatclub can deliver injuries severe, it can at times gauge it's strike to perfection- I also fear the fiery kegs it even now clutches, they may be the source for the previous fiery interlude."

And,

"Close upon the Hobbo's, they are experts with their bows- they are also, at times, able to throw off ill-effects quickly."

And, lastly-

"Smash the Goblins, but care they may shuffle away, should you miss your strike- but fear them not for they are the chaff, the great beast is the prize..."

And with that the Ogre gets in to the action-

Ogre- Big Fat Angry Bob

The Ogre drags the cart forward a little way, then- tongue out, aims and pitches a fizzing cask in to the adventurers crowding the door to the Inn.

Alas both Kyalia and Freggo are caught in the flaming inferno as the things explodes on contact with ground creating a fireball like effect.

[sblock=Ogre Combat]
Move: with cart AE10.
Standard: Throw cask W21-Kyalia & Freggo both Hit 6 fire damage
Minor: Grab another cask
[/sblock]

The Ogre screams- "I 'it, I 'ard."

[sblock=Combat]

23 Magnus
16 Kalimaru
15 Ah-shahran
14 Ogre
10 Kyalia*
7 Hobgoblin Archer #1
7 Hobgoblin Archer #2
6 Goblin #1
6 Goblin #2
6 Goblin #3
6 Goblin #4
6 Goblin #5
5 Freggo
3 Viator

HP & Conditions

PCs
Freggo 27/21 Surges 9/8
Kyalia 26/19 Surges 8/8
Viator 26/25 Surges 8/7

Monsters

Ogre
Hobgoblin Archer #1
Hobgoblin Archer #2
Goblin #1- Marked (Magnus)
Goblin #2
Goblin #3
Goblin #4
Goblin #5

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Kalimaru- Aspect of the Soaring Hawk (Speed +2 Perc +2). Perception Ogre. Move W14. Charge Goblin #1- Miss.

Ah-shahran- Nature check Goblins (new info). Call Spirit Companion X14- 4 Temp HP Kali. Spirit Infusion Kali- MBA Goblin #1- Miss. Call Spirit Companion AA14- 4 Temp HP Magnus.

Ogre- Move with cart AE10. Throw cask W21- Kyalia and Freggo- Hit both 6 Fire damage. Grab up another cask.

Kyalia-

[/sblock]

The Ogre grabs up another cask...

New Map-

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/goonalan/Scales+of+War+#1+Rescue+at+Rivenroar/?g2_page=3

And your enemies fear you not...

Last edited:

Remove ads