• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands and Ravensloft

Does anyone know if large style maps similar to Forgotten Realms or Kingdom Of Kalamar are in the works for either the Scarred Lands or for Ravensloft?

I happen to love large scale maps and even if I don't plan on using them I enjoy putting them up to just enjoy the excellant work.

Minor rant - (If only WOTC could break the TSR tradition of not being able to release a FR map that doesnt line up!!! Talk about LAZY!!!)

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
I don't know about any plans for any upcoming Ravenloft (yes, it's Ravenloft not Ravensloft :D) maps, but you might be able to use some of the older ones.

Both of the 2nd Edition AD&D Ravenloft boxed sets have poster-sized maps. Unfortunately, their info is slightly out of date, since some things have changed in Ravenloft since then. They are easy to find on Ebay. The two sets are "Realm of Terror" (the older, black boxed set) and the "Ravenloft Campaign Setting" (the newer, red boxed set).

Most people tend to agree the most recent one (from the Red Box) isn't the greatest, mostly because it was drawn at a sort of skewed angle which didn't line up with the scale. But if you only wish to use it as a reference, the domain boundries should be fairly close to what they are now. It comes with two maps, one depicting the Core domains, and one depicting the Islands. Also, it contains with a poster of Strahd, which is fairly nice, and a Tarokka deck (Ravenloft's version fo the Tarot).

Back in the mid-90s, TSR released another Ravenloft poster map which was given out at gaming stores and Cons. You might be able to buy one online.

Also, IIRC, the Islands of Terror boxed set came with a poster map which showed only the Islands.

Last edited:

redbeard

First Post
Scarred lands gazetteer

Is the fold-out map that was in the Scarred Lands Gazetteer not what you are looking for?

I'd say that it is inferior to the maps in Kalamar - but it does look nice and I'd have it on our walls if my girlfriend wouldn't freak.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Doc,

At this point there's only ONE map for one part of the Scarred Land, the continent Ghelspad. However with the upcoming release of the Ghelspad HC Gazetter, I do expect a more detailed map. Suffice to say, the one in the softcover is the best you'll get for Ghelspad. Then comes Termana, where the gnomes, the Blood Bayou and the jungle is. Asherak, off to the West of Mithril, will have the Desert of Onn, the Exemplars and Hetund(sp), the city of the Angel of Mercy. Finally, there is the ice bound continent of Fenrillik, the worldsend continent. Just thought I'd help out in my own inscrutable way. ;)

Remove ads