[Scarred Lands] Got the Strange Lands book

Voadam

Legend
Mouseferatu said:
Voadam, due to space reasons, a few monsters that originally made the cut had to be dropped at the last moment--including the wooly rhino. I sent out e-mails regarding those critters; I guess yours never arrived for some reason. :(

You have my sincere apologies. Obviously, I had no way of knowing you didn't get the e-mail, but still, as it was my section to develop, the buck stops with me. For what it's worth, we chose the wooly rhino as one of the ones to drop only because that same creature appeared in other books, not because there was anything wrong with it, or your write-up thereof.

Apology accepted, no sweat. I was going to e-mail you to ask, but this thread came up before I got around to it.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
The one thing that saddens me is that, apparently, there would be less (or none at all) open calls in the future. I really enjoyed working with Sword & Sorcery (they were wayyyy more professional than another company I contributed to), and I was hoping to get more chances for writing a thing or two.

But with Scarred Lands' cancelation (and the decreasing production of d20 books), those chances are reduced. I guess this train is already miles away.

Mapleaxe

First Post
I got three comp copies here, too. (Not that I'm complaining, mind you.)

I'm responsible for the Dire Camel. (The picture on this turned out great, btw.)

Overall, I liked the book, though each of the sections has a very condensed feel to it (for obvious reasons). Personally, I was hoping that the Shen Shenagar (which I created for CCIII) would make an appearance in the Desert of Onn descriptions, but alas their only mention was the one that I included in the Dire Camel entry.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Trick,

I give this one higher marks in many places than any other recent SL book. But of course, YOMV (Your Opinion Might Vary).

I LOVE this book. :) You guys rock! *Btw Ari or whom ever rewrote Ossotel to make him CE, thanks! :) Now I have a chance to use Orcus as Ossotel in a game. Sweet! :D*

Believe me folks this one might not be error proof, but it damn sure rocks the house.

Mouseferatu said:
Due to space reasons, a few monsters that originally made the cut had to be dropped at the last moment--including the wooly rhino.
Hey Mouse,

Since this is the final product planned for SL, would it be possible to offer up these dropped monsters as a web enhancement? It sounds like you already did most of the work with them, and that authours got their free copies of the book.

Duncan

Duncan Haldane said:
Hey Mouse,

Since this is the final product planned for SL, would it be possible to offer up these dropped monsters as a web enhancement? It sounds like you already did most of the work with them, and that authours got their free copies of the book.

Duncan

Honestly not sure, Duncan. I know there was talk of using some of the cut material for web enhancements, but I don't know precisely which material, or whether it's actually going to happen or not.

I hope it does, since some of my own material is among the stuff that was being considered for web enhancements, but I just haven't heard anything. If and when I do, I'll pass the info along.

Fevil

First Post
Is there any mention of the Seraphic Engine in the Asherak chapter? I've been looking forward to reading about this since I first read about it in the Seraphic Creature template.

I'll not be surprised if it isn't however, just disappointed.....again....

Shade

Monster Junkie
When the package arrived, I assumed it was something I'd ordered from Amazon. I was happily suprised when I saw White Wolf on the shipping label.

Ari, you've done a fantastic job of monster selection. I was greatly pleased to see the number of high-level creatures in this book. I think many of these creatures will make an appearance in my campaign in the future. :)

I too am going to miss the open calls. It was alot of fun trying to craft just the right creatures to make it into a book.

Trickstergod

First Post
Nightfall said:
I LOVE this book. :) You guys rock! *Btw Ari or whom ever rewrote Ossotel to make him CE, thanks!

You're kidding me.

Even as of the last book they still insist on screwing around with the setting and making more contradictions?

How very lame.

Remove ads