• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Scarred lands] Paging Midnight! Obscure SL Help Needed

Gospog

First Post
Actually, I'd gladly accept help from anyone who knows this.

When Denev was roughed up at the end of the Divine War, she "went to ground", so to speak, thus putting the Epoch of Denev on hold and letting the Gods move in.

Is there a geographical location on Scarn where she is supposed to have been "buried"?

If not, where would a location sacred to Denev be?

Thanks in advance.

-Tom

Turjan

Explorer
I suppose that the addressee of this plea doesn't post enough to get any name recognition :D.

As to the question: I always pictured Denev as the earth itself.

Gospog

First Post
Hmmm, interesting. In that case, I need to create a site holy to Denev! ;)

In any event, thank you for the insight. Incidentally, I have great respect for your EnWorld ID and admiration for your avatar! (I'm a big Vance fan)

Thanks again.

-Tom

Trickstergod

First Post
I'm with Turjan. Denev's always struck me as a Gaia figure - she is the earth and is not only a parent to the gods, but also the titans, effectively the source for all things.

However, were I to give her an actual resting place, I'd probably go with the Ganjus.

Gospog

First Post
The Ganjus are one place that I have not brought my Players yet, good call! :cool:

Thank you for your input.

The Ganjus...

freebfrost

Explorer
I think you want to page Nightfall, not Midnight...

;)

And Denev didn't just go "to ground". From the SSS site: "However, the long battle left even more wounds on the world's surface, driving her to retreat to its heart in frustration and fatigue."

So, she's in the the center of the planet.

vic20

Fool
I can't remember where it was I read it (The Divine and the Defeated?), but it seems like there was a specific location mentioned where she entered the earth. I believe it was somewhere in the Ganjus, and I believe that the location is now a sacred grove.

Gospog

First Post
I think you want to page Nightfall, not Midnight...

Ack! Whata goofy mistake on my part! Apologies all around. :eek:

Journey to the center of Scarn, eh? NOW you're speaking my language! Lost civilizations, dinosaurs...this is going to be so cool!

I just got a ton of new ideas of where to take this.

Thanks to everyone for posting!

-Tom

saturnin55

First Post
IIRC, in the third and final adventure of the Amphora's cycle, The Serpent Citadel, the PCs should find a location in the Hornsaw Forest were Denev has a very strong connection to. Something with the spirit of Denev. I don't remember exactly what it was, but because of this, some followers of Mormo wanted to use this place to bring Mormo back (something like this) because they needed the spirit (or whatever it is in the book) of a living Titan to accomplish what they want.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*sighs* My name is Bl'ayne Nightfall, not Mystra Midnight. I'm not a god, but in my campaign I am the Herald of Nemorga, God of the Dead and balance. :p :) Please, next time you need to page me, EMAIL me. :p nighttfall@yahoo.com.

Yes Denev's "heart" was/is in the middle of the Ganjus. It also was in Amethla before the Druid Wars. But the Serpent Amphora cycle tells us they moved the heart to protect Denev as she slumbered.

But Denev herself could very well be slumbering in the center of Scarn. Understand though there's not much of an "Underscarn" so much as multiple "Underscarns" ie various under ground lands that might indeed lead deep into Scarn. However no one knows for certain if these exist.

Thank you for your time.

Remove ads