• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands: Serpent Amphora Cycle

Lars Frehse

First Post
Incidentally, I am currently running the Serpent Amphora myself. This means, of course, that right now my story hour is about "Serpent in the Fold". So, if you want to read one version of how the adventure could unfold (cause it is different with every GM and group, I am sure), you could click on my signature and read it in my story hour. There are two parts of "Serpent in the Fold" so far, called "The Eve of the Taurosphinx"- just go to the end of the thread to find them.
I have also done the original free Serpent Amphora adventure by SSS-Druid (aka Joseph D. Carriker) before. If you read the story hour, you should be able to find it somewhere. :p

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I think it's either on the first or second page of your log Lars. (Btw Lars' Story Hour, Struggle and Strife, GREAT stuff! :) )

ced1106

Explorer
Doesn't SA start with a carnival? You could get the PCs in the general vicinity by having them enter events. Have the player suggest what events they'd like to see -- and which their PCs would be good at. Then add **betting**. Much fun to watch a player enter an event and have the rest of the table bet against him, lol. After the events are over, have the PCs "coincidentally" sit near each other in the audience -- then have Something Happen. The PCs work together to stop it.

Have fun!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

capgun

First Post
Ok, here's what I've come up with. The PC's are hired by the Home Commander from a suggestion by Amra Varith (the traitor). He has requested the PC's meet the ranger in Trela and take the Amphora from him and bring it to Vesh.

Amra explained to the Commander that the Asaathi would be expecting the Vigils to take the Amphora and would not follow a group of normal travellers (the PC's). Vigil groups would also leave Trela along different routes to act as decoys and hope to draw Asaathi forces away from the PC's.

Amra has a hidden agenda, though. She will betray the PC's and inform the Asaathi of the plan, hoping that they will be able to overcome the relatively weak PC's and steal the Amphora with minimal losses compared to fighting the Vigils for it. Everyone will see it as the Asaathi discovered the ruse and nothing will be traced back to Amra.

Well, what do you guys think?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads