• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scentbreaker

Vraister

First Post
Hello,

we are about to go into an Orc City to recover an Artifact and we are trying it the sneaky way.
We have access to a high level mage who will teleport us in, make us invisible and so one, but I'm worried about the scent ability of worgs.
Is there any spell which masks your scent?

Any other spell or tactic advice for sneaking into an Orc City?

Thanks
Vraister

Herpes Cineplex

First Post
There's always Pass Without Trace (Drd1, Rgr1).

Beyond that, the best advice is to stay away from where the Worgs go, and go FAST; the less time you spend there, the less likely you are to be recognized as infiltrators.

--
but you knew that already
ryan

Vraister

First Post
We will have Pass without Trace and Nondetection going, but I'm looking for a spell which lets us walk past the worgs.
Maybe we have to stay away from the worgs.

Vraister

BigAlzBub

First Post
Use prestidigitation to either remove your scent or make you smell like Orcs, depending on your GM it may last only an hour, but hey better than being dog food :)

Herpes Cineplex

First Post
Vraister said:
We will have Pass without Trace and Nondetection going, but I'm looking for a spell which lets us walk past the worgs.
Maybe we have to stay away from the worgs.
Maybe so. But you guys ARE aware that Pass Without Trace masks your scent, too, right? It says so right in the spell's description.

So unless a worg is looking right at you and sniffing and wondering why you don't smell like anything at all, you're clear. And if your disguise or Change Self or Invisibility spells are good enough and you don't give them any reason to wonder things like that (by not hanging around them for very long, for example), you should be okay.

--
and if all else fails, set part of their city on fire, just on general principle

reanjr

First Post
Herpes Cineplex said:
Maybe so. But you guys ARE aware that Pass Without Trace masks your scent, too, right? It says so right in the spell's description.

So unless a worg is looking right at you and sniffing and wondering why you don't smell like anything at all, you're clear. And if your disguise or Change Self or Invisibility spells are good enough and you don't give them any reason to wonder things like that (by not hanging around them for very long, for example), you should be okay.

--
and if all else fails, set part of their city on fire, just on general principle

hmmm... I always interpreted that as being that you don't leave a scent behind. I don't see it as blocking your smell, just dissipating it. As you are walking, It would seem that your feet would make prints, etc., but they would be cleared as you continued on.

Darklone

Pass without Trace
Transmutation
Level: Drd 1, Rgr 1
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: One creature/level touched
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The subject or subjects can move through any type of terrain and leave neither footprints nor scent. Tracking the subjects is impossible by nonmagical means.
Tracking is impossible by Scent... locating not IMHO ;)

pvandyck

First Post
Isn't there an item in the FR book that foils scent? I thought it was a great idea, and am planning on using it outside the FR. I even think it's called scentbreaker.

pvandyck

Remove ads