• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Scheduled Downtime for Upgrades

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Tomorrow night (Wednesday) from 11pm BST the site will be closed for a planned upgrade to Xenforo 2.2. This could take anything from an hour to several hours.

Xenforo 2.2 adds a whole bunch of new functions to the forums, including but not limited to:

CapnZapp

Legend
Is it just me, or is Xenforo making trapping visitors sound like a virtue ("Writing Before Registering")...?

If you could post your message but as a non-registered visitor it would be shunted to a "newcomers" forum, I'd understand it.

But giving off the impression you don't need to register only to reveal you actually do is a characteristic of the worst form of web practices only associated with scummy sites I would not want anything to do with, personally speaking.

!DWolf

Adventurer
Is the upgrade finished? I can’t preview posts anymore and half of my replies disappear when the page is reloaded (low character limit?)

Edit: Restarting browser seems to have helped.

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
The URL tag is very finicky after the upgrade.

Some (but far from all) links have disappeared (=been unlinked, only regular text remains).

Remove ads