Scholarships: You get what you pay for? RANT

aco175

Legend
And here I was thinking that they were doing good this year. They went 6-10 back in 2004. Now my Patriots on the other hand...

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Are you really looking to pick a fight on something I wrote 19 years ago?
I wasn’t looking to pick a fight at all.

Hope you have a good Christmas.

Also sorry I didn’t realize this thread was that old. No idea why the site even navigated me here. I looked only at the December, the 2004 didn’t even register.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
There are somewhere in the range of 2.5 million public school teachers, 1 million firefighters and maybe about 1 million police officers in the U.S. (those numbers are far from verified, so I might by off). In an incredibly over-simplified example lets assume 3 million public servants for 300 million US citizens. If every citizen pays $100 in taxes towards these hard-working public servants, each one gets a salary of $10,000. To get them to be paid a sports star level salary of $1 million, each US citizen would have to pay $10,000 in taxes. There are maybe 3000 NFL players in the US, therfore all it takes is $10 per person to pay each of them $1 million.
Public education is the lion's share of property taxes, at least in the state I live in, in the US. I do pay over $10K a year (I live in an expensive state), so off the top of my head about $6-7K goes towards education.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This guy got a full ride to a decent and fully accredited university in the United States of America and in all that time never learned how to speak properly?
Accents and diction are very difficult to change without conscious and deliberate dedication to doing so.

One of my cousins- an MD- still says “ax” instead of “ask”.

One of my mentors has two PHDs from Oxford and still sounds like an Alabama farmhand…if you only listen to how he’s talking, and not the content of his words.

EDIT: and NOW I notice the necromancy!

Remove ads