• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Schwarzenegger Top 10

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
horacethegrey said:
6) The Running Man - Been awhile since I saw this, but what I remember of it was pretty good. Also has some of Ahnuld's best quotes, despite being mid 80's action cheese.

"Uplinks, underground! Uplinks, underground! I'll uplink your ass - then you'll be underground!"

RangerWickett said:
. . . Commando almost makes this list because of how lame 'Matrix' is as a villain.

Villain? Villain? They don't come any more heroic than John Matrix!

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
RangerWickett said:
Not Matrix, then. Whatever the lame guy's name was. In the chainmail wifebeater.

"Let off some steam, Bennett."

This note, from IMDB trivia, saddens me:
During the scene in the shed, after Matrix cuts the soldier's arm off, he was originally supposed to hit the victim with it and say "Need a hand?". This scene was edited out as being too macabre.

Damn it!

-Hyp.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hypersmurf said:

During the scene in the shed, after Matrix cuts the soldier's arm off, he was originally supposed to hit the victim with it and say "Need a hand?". This scene was edited out as being too macabre.

Damn it!

-Hyp.

[Cry Foul]WTF?!?!? Today thats enough to warrant a PG rating.[/Cry Foul]

Klaus

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

Damn it!

-Hyp.
So many potentials from such a scene!

Matrix (rips arm off): "Don't worry, I won't shoot you. You're unarmed!"

Matrix (beats a foe with the arm): "That's quite a sidearm!"

Matrix (beats arm's owner with it): "Stop hitting yourself!"

Really, the possibilities are endless!

death tribble

First Post
Ok my favourites

1. The Terminator. The sinister unstoppable killing machine. Wonderful
2. Conan the Barbarian. I liked this. No-one else has done a Conan and this is now the benchmark.
3. Predator. This had a great back up cast and a villain you didn't see for a while.
4. Total Recall. Arnold going to Mars pursued by Michael Ironside, Ronny Cox and Sharon Stone.
5. Commando. Let's get this right. You have an American soldier trying to stop a right wing coup ? Result ! And it has Bill Duke in it so how can it fail ?
6. Twins. Arnold does comedy and it works very well with DeVito's snide slease ball.
7. Red Heat. Arnold playing the Russian Cop ably backed by James Belushi as his partner. Good culture clash between American and Russian policing methods.
8. The Running Man. Good commentary on game shows in general and Arnold is backed by Yaphet Kotto, Mr Jim Brown and Jessie Ventura.
9. Kindergarten Cop. This was quite fun with Arnold having to teach the kids.
10. True Lies. Arnold back to doing violent things and has some fun with it. Although the exploiting Jamie Lee bit was overdone.

I didn't think that much of Terminator 2 with Arnold as the good Terminator instead of the bad one. Some times it can be the atmosphere in the cinema you see it in. I liked Terminator 3 better.
Junior was not that funny in my opinion.
Last Action Hero I did not think was that good.
Eraser and Raw Deal were ok but not in the same class as Terminator and Predator.
End of Days is ok.
Pumping Iron is not that bad.
Mr Freeze should have been more villainous in Batman and Robin.
Conan the Destroyer is not that good. It has some good points like Sarah Douglas as the villainous Queen.
Red Sonja is more of a guest star role to Brigette Neilson.
The 6th Day I have not seen all the way through and it did not engage me enough to do so.
Collateral Damage similarly but that was also affected by its timing cf September 11th.
Jingle All the Way did not engage me either.
And Hercules I have never seen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads