• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Science Question: Decapitating Conifers

LightPhoenix

First Post
Thanks Fenris!

Apical meristem is not a term I've heard since intro bio. :p

If you don't mind answering another question... any textbooks you would recommend on general botany? I never took a botany class (I was/am biochemistry/bioengineering) but I do have a fairly decent biology background. This kind of got me interested in learning a bit, especially since (presumably) I'll have some free time starting tomorrow afternoon.

Fenris

Adventurer
Thanks Fenris!

Apical meristem is not a term I've heard since intro bio. :p

If you don't mind answering another question... any textbooks you would recommend on general botany? I never took a botany class (I was/am biochemistry/bioengineering) but I do have a fairly decent biology background. This kind of got me interested in learning a bit, especially since (presumably) I'll have some free time starting tomorrow afternoon.

Hey LightPhoenix,
Well I have to recommend Biology of Plants by Raven, Evert, and Eichhorn. Good intro book. Not too technical, but hits all the high points. Structure, function, diversity. Good section of each of the major groups of plants as well. Lots of great pictures.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Plants-Peter-H-Raven/dp/1572590416/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247465592&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Biology of Plants: Peter H. Raven, Ray F. Evert, Susan E. Eichhorn, Ray F. Evert, Susan E. Eichhorn Peter H. Raven: Books[/ame]

Now, if you so want something a little more your speed.

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Plants is THE tome for biochemical/molecular botany

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Biochemistry-Molecular-Biology-Plants-Buchanan/dp/0943088399/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247465818&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology of Plants: Bob Buchanan, Wilhelm Gruissem, Russell Jones: Books[/ame]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads