• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Scimitar

Ferrous

First Post
Yup for me the weapon and armour charts are the worst thing in 5E. I t miss the classic Rapier and Dagger as a viable option and also that there is no competitive single one handed weapon style. And Breastplate and greaves doesn't give you a penalty to stealth but padded armour does? You have to wear a padded jack under a breastplate!

For me I would swap the Scimitar/Sabre/Cutlass and Rapier stats (apart from damage type)

However I would have the Fighter Dual weapon power allow you to Dual Wield bigger weapons i.e Two Scimitars as per a certain Drow and the Two weapon Fighting feat instead grant you the Dex on damage. So that Fighters/Rangers/Paladins are the ones that Dual wield big weapons and Rogues use lighter weapons?

Also I would like a new property to differentiate weapons Defensive +1 to AC. So you could have a d6 Quarterstaff that was +1 to AC or a Maingauche/Sai with stats as per a Dagger that you could not throw but +1 to AC.

gyor

Legend
Its Drizzt yes and I'm fine with that, I don't have a hate on for Drizzt fans. Besides the the Unearthed Arcana article suggests substituting a cutlass for the Scimitar.

Morty

First Post
Yup for me the weapon and armour charts are the worst thing in 5E. I t miss the classic Rapier and Dagger as a viable option and also that there is no competitive single one handed weapon style. And Breastplate and greaves doesn't give you a penalty to stealth but padded armour does? You have to wear a padded jack under a breastplate!

For me I would swap the Scimitar/Sabre/Cutlass and Rapier stats (apart from damage type)

However I would have the Fighter Dual weapon power allow you to Dual Wield bigger weapons i.e Two Scimitars as per a certain Drow and the Two weapon Fighting feat instead grant you the Dex on damage. So that Fighters/Rangers/Paladins are the ones that Dual wield big weapons and Rogues use lighter weapons?

Also I would like a new property to differentiate weapons Defensive +1 to AC. So you could have a d6 Quarterstaff that was +1 to AC or a Maingauche/Sai with stats as per a Dagger that you could not throw but +1 to AC.

What I'd do is simply say that light weapons deal 1d6 damage, one-handers deal 1d8 damage, and two-handers deal 1d12 damage except for reach weapons, which deal 1d10. One-handers can have the finesse or versatile property. And then everyone can describe their weapons however they want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads