• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SCL: Stumbled coming out of the gate or simply fallen on it's face?

I like to divide my reviews into the Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Awesome. So I can always look for the positive and be fair.
But, man am I having a hard time finding "the awesome" in this game...

Zalbar The Mad

First Post
question: Now for someone who plays D&D, this is such an in deep tool set. Explain how they can literally take their campaign from a tabletop pen and paper into this digitally digital game?

"One of the things I put to the designers when we framed this all up for them was, I want you to take this campaign, and I actually gave them the 5th edition starter set and I said I want you to take this campaign and I want you to reproduce it, I want you to reproduce it, and I want anybody to be able to reproduce it. And if they can't, the tools aren't done. And so uh, I think we got to a place where you can create that content real quickly and real easy and uh and just recreate your favorite homebrew or your favorite module or whatever your heart desires."

-Dan Tudge

https://youtu.be/pdUxKRlKTDU?t=3m29s <-- last quote

Yeah, I feel cheated. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

Last edited:

Dargrimm

First Post
Yeah, I feel cheated. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

Cheated and lied to. They lied to us, as plain and simple as that. The game itself is bad (*very bad*) but the way they lied to us all is what's really driving me mad about all this fiasco of a game.

The reviews are destroying the game but they're still way too kind.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I feel like we're repeating history when the first D&D movie came out. You get all excited, then when it finally arrives, you realize just how much of a piece of garbage it is. You know, actually I wouldn't think it would be all that bad if it were even remotely stable and playable, and had the basic content from the PHB in it as options. I could probably still manage to enjoy that. But the constant crashing, lagging, choppiness, horrible interface, and lack of content dooms this game.

darjr

I crit!
Normally I would not go so far as to call a developer a lier. And technically in the quote above he did not. But it's worded in such a way that it sounds like he says the released game has these features, and it clearly does not, at least from the many reviews so far. Even the good reviews.

Cody C. Lewis

First Post
Steam refund requested.

If I made a bad purchase, and didn't really have fun with a game, shame on me.

However, I'm really trying not to curse here, if a S.O.B. game developer releases a game that can ************************* one or both of my $500 GPUs... let's just say I'm getting a refund. Oh yeah, I'm getting a refund.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Metacritic gave it a 63 while users gave it a 5.4:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sword-coast-legends

However there's a curious number of really high reviews on the game. That always seem to match the negative reviews in number. And all posted by people whose only review & rating is Sword Coast Legends. Which is curious to say the least.

Extra curious when many of those high reviews all say the same thing: "The voice acting is great!" Odd thing to measure a game by, to say the least.

Remove ads