Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Rhun

First Post
Lucien finishes cleaning his blade, sheathing it with a flourish. "I think so, though..."

OOC: Scotley, how much damage did Lucien end up taking in total? I lost track somewhere along the way.

Lou

Explorer
Ali rd 3 HP 37/47 AC 23 F 16 R 19 W 16

Ali rubs his arm where the spider bit him and cleans off his blade before resheathing it.

OOC: down 10 hp after the fight

pathfinderq1

First Post
Vivienne finally made her way to the front, eyeing the now-dead piders with evident distaste. "Strange to see such vile brutes this close to the city, I should think. At least now their menace has been ended." She turned to Ali next. "Hardly a serious wound, for one as vital as you- though I don't doubt it will be a task to get that spider-slime off your shirt. Is anyone more badly hurt?"

OOC:
>Inspiring word for Ali- spend a surge for surge +1d6 HP, should get him back to full.
>Also have a Healing Infusion (Surge +1 healing), though I'd need someone to offer a surge to 'refill' that. If no one has a surge to spare, Viviene can recharge it herself- she would like to stay out of combat, after all.

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

"It seems very wrong to me to spend the power that I am granted to 'heal' a bottle of juice, but if there is none of our comrades who needs healing now, then I will do it for you, Vivienne." Manous is really wanting someone to speak up with a hangnail, indigestion, dandruff, or something! Then, seeing Ali's bloody shirt, Manous flies to his side and lays hands upon his wounds. "There, there, Ali, let the power of Good soak into your spirit and heal your body as it bubbles outward."

OOC: Manous spends a Healing surge, but Ali regains hp as if he spent one. :)

"Anyone else? Don't be shy, there's plenty more where that came from."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Leif]
Isn't there a daily limit how often a paladin can heal? Maybe you should instead give your HS to Vivienne to convert them to healing infusions. There is no daily limit for doing this. Just a thought.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Walking Dad]There is a limit, which is the number of healing surges I have available. Paladin's get quite a bit more of those than most folks. I have taken all of this into account already, but thanks for looking out for me anyway. Plus, I am counting on the fact that it is rather late in the day, you know.... And as to RP with respect to healing infusions, I have stated my position in-character. Manous can be convinced of the wisdom of the infusions, but someone's going to have to try to do so.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Leif]Interesting! Was there an errata? My book reads:
Lay on Hands Paladin Feature
Your divine touch instantly heals wounds.
At-Will (Special) ✦ Divine, Healing
Special: You can use this power a number of times per day
equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1), but only once
per round.
For late at the day, I'm just a miser on things with a daily limit. One of the reason I like the essentials melee classes. ;)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Scotley, how much damage did Lucien end up taking in total? I lost track somewhere along the way.

OOC: Now that you mention it. I never saw where you rolled a save for the ongoing poison damage. Lucien took nine from the hit as well as 5 poison damage and then another 5 for every round with a failed save. Just a straight up d20 roll normally.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
I have taken all of this into account already, but thanks for looking out for me anyway. Plus, I am counting on the fact that it is rather late in the day, you know....

OOC: Ah nothing like a little player metagaming to bring out the old fashioned wandering monster rolls...

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Leif]Interesting! Was there an errata? My book reads:
For late at the day, I'm just a miser on things with a daily limit. One of the reason I like the essentials melee classes. ;)[/sblock]
OOC: Walking Dad -- Eeesh, you're right WD! I was looking at how many Healing Surges Manous has, because with his Con Mod of +1 and his Devoted Paladin Feat, he has 12 surges per day. Unfortunately, his Lay on Hands ability is limited to his Wisdom modifier, which is 2. So he can only do that one more time before his next extended rest.

OOC: Ah nothing like a little player metagaming to bring out the old fashioned wandering monster rolls...
OOC: Scotley -- Metagaming?? Ok, well then it was IN-CHARACTER METAGAMING! :p Because that's what Manous was thinking. He doesn't like to go to bed without doing all the healing that he can do in a day. Makes him feel selfish and cheap! And one more question, Scotley -- Manous has the Virtuous Recovery feat which gives him Resist All when he spends a healing surge. Does this apply to the recipient of his Lay on Hands ability? :D

OOC: [MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION], I forgot to add the feat power to the healing Manous did for Ali -- he gets back his regular suge value +4! That's Manous's charisma modifier, which he adds to his Lay On Hands ability thanks to his Devoted Paladin feat!

Last edited:

Remove ads