Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Since Manous healed Ali, Vivienne will use her Inspiring Word for Lucien instead. Lucien can spend a healing surge, and regains surge +1d6= 2 HP

As some of the others headed off to explore the nest, Vivienne quickly examined the bites Lucien had taken. "No lasting harm, I think- except the damage to your finery. Hardly broke the skin, and their poison is no threat to a healthy grown man." Once Malkyr returned with his trinkets, Vivienne joined the cluster of folk examining them...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tabitha takes one look and whistles lowly. "An assassin," she says. "See, this shows his target. He's got easy to hide weapons...probably shooting poisoned ammunition, and concealed armor since he only has to fight if something goes wrong. Not sure about the other guy. Accomplice maybe, or just an innocent bystander who got eaten later."

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

Manous shudders as he thinks about the implications of an assassin. "Do you recognize the young nobleman in the pictures?"

OOC: Did I already roll Per for this? I got a better roll the first time, if so. Or might I have just boned the pooch by rolling again?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tabitha peers at the picture, then turns it over and squints some more. There were a lot of noblemen in the country...but she'd seen more than most in her travels through the cities and courts. Who was this man?

Scotley

Hero
The hounds prove a wealth of information. The old man notes that the pistol (+1 Magic) has a gunsmith's mark of House Ferreiro. Most notable as gunsmiths to the Espanian throne among others. Vivienne is quick to point out that the picture appears to the Compte de Noyonnais and Tabitha concurs. A minor northern noble with sympathy to the rebels in the Netherlands. Malkyr senses the magic in the hand crossbow and knows it to be a supremely viscous weapon (+2). Manous sees traces of old poison on the tips of some of the bolts. Finally, Vivienne notes that pink Aragonites are Espanian in origin. There seems to be nothing else of interest here.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"It appears as if these spiders may have done the crown a favor- eliminating an assassin, or at least a scandalous attempt. Seems as if it may be a bit too late to offer them a knighthood for their actions though," Vivienne noted with a wry smile. "We ought to be back about our business- though we may need to look around a bit once we return to court. It could be that this poor unfortunate fellow might not be the only assassin about..."

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

"Indeed, Vivienne, folk of this dastardly ilk tend to travel in gangs according to my experience. There may yet be tendrils of this network in place within the Court, so we must proceed with the utmost caution and only speak of this to those of whom we are sure beyond any shadow of doubt."

Walking Dad

First Post
Malkyr Tsul

Malkyr searches the crossbow for any identification marks. If it hasn't them (which he assumes for an assassin's equipment), he will claim it for himself.

[sblock=OOC]

Special: If an enemy has 10 or less HP left after hit by me, he is dead.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Malkyr Tsul
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Dark Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 20 Will 17
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, or sleep.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Bola Takedown, Precision Dart, Quick Shot
Encounter Powers: Cloud of Darkness, Assassin's Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Cloak of Shades
Daily Powers: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice 1/1

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads