• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The old man was a light sleeper. In fact, he never seemed off guard. Neither was anyone near by.
OOC: The old man has a 20 passive perception. Normally, folks have a -5 penalty to perception checks when sleeping, but because of him, you do not (Watchful Rest). You're welcome. ;)

Lou

Explorer
Ali

Ali will investigate the noise outside, but he stays behind someone else looking out as well. "What was the noise?" Ali asks the man next to him. "And who is the man in the white mask?"

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Er, I'm a little lost. Did this happen in the middle of the night after dinner? Or right after dinner? I have to work out if Tabitha is awake, asleep...or what...)

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Scotley's post #696 certainly seems to be of the 'middle of the night' variety. At least, that's what I assumed when posting for Manous.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The noise occurred about an hour and a half after folks started asking about beds. Sorry for the long delay. Real life has been keeping me very busy of late. I do expect to post at a more or less normal rate now. At least until the next crisis. ;)

[sblock=Lou]The fellow next to Ali is an older man. A retired knight of minor status out here in the country you'd guess. His voice is very dry as he answers. "That's one of them Lectors. Enforcers for the Church of Erathis. They have the power of justice and they are always looking to root out trouble makers. Their ways are harsh. They are 'ends justifies the means' people if you get me." He drains his mug and drops some coins on the table. "Think I best be gettin' on home now. Good Eve'n to ya." [/sblock]

The noise is not repeated, but the horses in the stables can be heard stirring, clearly disturbed. The Inn's dogs are sticking close to the door, their hackles up, but not barking.

The Priests are huddled in a corner of the yard talking to a tall figure in dark armor and a long black hooded cloak. He wears the blank white mask of a Lector of the church of Erathis.

[sblock=Knowledge Religion DC=15]Lector's of Erathis are the enforcement arm of the deity of civilization. They wield the power of justice with a heavy hand. It is said they possess special powers granted by their deity to root out disorder. They sometimes receive special mounts including some fairly exotic sorts. (These guys fall somewhere between Paladins and Inquisitors.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads