Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
The Harpy's Clam

The ever-observant constables take immediate note of a fellow sporting a cap in the style, material, and color of a guardsman's fatigue uniform, but this grossly fat fellow does not wear the rest of the uniform, to say nothing of the fact that it is inappropriate to wear the fatigue uniform while on duty. In his defense however, you have never even seen a uniform of a size large enough to approach fitting him.

Rhun

First Post
Brae flashes the commandant his bronze badge. "I'm already gainfully employed by the city," the cleric says, smiling. "What my companions and I would like to discuss is a possible threat to the city that we have uncovered."

Leif

Adventurer
Captain Owlschwitz

The sight of the Bronze Badge sends the good captain into a spluttering fit of flying ale-foam and gargled curses! "Simperin' Sexogenarian Silk Sow's Purses! Why'd ye not say so, lad!" And turning , to his female companions, he says, " 'Scuse me, darlins but I've got a bit o' man's work to attend to just now. I'll see you lasses again later on." And, turning back to Brae, he says, "Say on, say on, Constable. What is it ye've got off into now?"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Brae takes a seat at the table. He lowers his voice, to make sure that only the commandant and the other constables are able to hear him. "It seems that an evil outsider named Thelugadam has been rallying orcrats and kobolds and such to his banner. And it would seem, due to the fact that he was imprisoned by the LCA for several centuries, that he is harboring some ill feelings toward the city. So, we want to make sure the city garrison is on alert for any possible attack from this Slaad and his worshippers. Now, we'd like to investigate further, but..." Brae pauses a moment and looks around at his companions. "It has been indicated to us that we 14th Ward Constables are not the "guardians of the entire city" and that someone else should be footing the bill for the investigation."

Leif

Adventurer
Captain Owlschwitz

"Well, fliminy flim-flam farglebruises*, if that ain't just a garbledinging grewshoe*. Yes, yes, I see what you mean, but, ahh, what proof do you have that the whole city is being threatened? I mean, I sympathize and all, but my higher-ups are notorious eaters of chaps like me who trouble them with claims that they can't back-up, so yer've got to give me more to feed 'em to keep me from bein' lunch."

*insert proper expletives here if you wish

Rhun

First Post
"And therein lies the problem. At this point, we don't have any proof. As I mentioned, we would love to get the proof your superiors would need...but we've been instructed that this is out of our jurisdiction." Brae strokes his goatee and stares off, as if deep in through. "I suppose, someone of high enough rank within the garrison or city government could request the aid of the Special Squad by sending a formal written request to Magister Ironshirt. But I know little of such matters..."

Remove ads