Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Rhun

First Post
Dannis slides his scimitar into its sheath, and seeing that Brendan is still suffering from the effects of the centipede's bite, he moves to assist. Unfortunately, he doesn't manage to apply his treatment to the wound in time to help...

OOC: Heal to Treat Poison. If Brendan fails another check, then Dannis will try again for the next check.

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

B'rii ventures to the door of the crypt to look outside to see if the sounds of battle attracted any attention.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3

Besharrn will now look around the crypt carefully since he was to distracted to do it before. Other than the sarcophagus which was looted moments ago, is there anything else of interest? In particular, Besharrn will look for any information that can be obtained from his knowledge of dungeoneering. (Skill check below should say "dungeoneering" not "dingeoneering".)

"Did someone think to search the sarcophagus for any hidden panels? Those dead guys are awfully tricky sometimes!"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk,
Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I'll just go check the door and make sure our little foray into grave robbing hasn't been discovered . . . "

Vadim suits action to words, stopping just inside the door and peering out into the Restlands.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco will approach Brendan, "I don't really have the ability to help with that bug's venom but I do know of a way to purify food and drink. I don't think it will really help but if you allow me, I will give it a go."

If Brendan allows Falco access to the entrance point, Falco will lay hands on the area and call upon Commissar's knowledge and try his best to channel the priest's power.

OOC - Scott, I know this is not the right spell, but I want Falco to always think outside the box so this is his attempt to do so. Feel free to shoot him down at any time.

School transmutation; Level cleric 0, druid 0

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S

Range 10 ft.

Target 1 cu. ft./level of contaminated food and water

Duration instantaneous

Saving Throw Will negates (object); Spell Resistance yes (object)

This spell makes spoiled, rotten, diseased, poisonous, or otherwise contaminated food and water pure and suitable for eating and drinking. This spell does not prevent subsequent natural decay or spoilage. Unholy water and similar food and drink of significance is spoiled by purify food and drink, but the spell has no effect on creatures of any type nor upon magic potions. Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. One cubic foot of water contains roughly 8 gallons and weighs about 60 pounds.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I'm obviously not the DM here, but I'd think letting a 0-level spell take the place of a 2nd (delay poison) or 4th (neutralize poison) would be somewhat overpowered. Just my two coppers. :D

mleibrock

First Post
OOC: I'm obviously not the DM here, but I'd think letting a 0-level spell take the place of a 2nd (delay poison) or 4th (neutralize poison) would be somewhat overpowered. Just my two coppers. :D

OOC - Matthew, I'm inclined to agree with you but I'm not sure my character would know this so he's giving it a go.

Remove ads