• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

Besharrn eyes the new weapons greedily, "Which one mine? All look so good, me take all! Them already paid for, right?" :D

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The Dwarf hands Besharrn the short sword he requested. "I believe we agreed to half up front meaning you owe me 15 gold if you like it." The sword is well balanced, nicely made and polished to a mirror like gleam. The blade is mildly curved and a bit thicker near the end. The hilt has curving points turned up looking vaguely like tusks perhaps in jest to the name 'tusker' the dwarf gave Besharrn at their first meeting.

The maces are very similar to each other and finely made. The biggest difference is that the one she hands Dannis has a dwarf rune that roughly translates as 'Godtouched' impressed into the head while the one given to Brendan has a rune that is the symbol for a popular Dwarf game involving tossed stones similar to Bocce that he can best translate as 'StoneKiss'. "You each owe me 50 for the maces." Again there is nothing to fault the weapons are made well, feel good in your hands and look great. "You'll notice the grips are all covered in the same brushed leather." Indeed they are all the same dark ox blood color and have been buffed or brushed to roughen it so that it is easy to keep a grip on. "The widow Pirdy makes em for me from the harnessmakers scraps. She oils them several times so they turn water, or blood and then buffs them between oiling to make them good for gripping. I used the stuff on all my tools."

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

"I don't know much about weapons it's true." Looking them over, "But these look GREAT! I'm truly impressed you can create such art."

Leif

Adventurer

Besharrn pays the mannish Dwarf wench the 15 gp he owes and takes his new short sword, looking it over critically as he does.

"Guess me forget already have masterwork short sword. *sigh* Oh, well, me guess never have too many swords. You good dude, uh, lady. Guess you know now you can trust Besharrn? Him do what say." :)

OOC: Besharrn is hoping that the group can get at least one Trust Point out of this.... Umm, I mean that's what LEIF is hoping. Besharrn hopes that the townspeople see what an awesome dude he is and trust him implicitly. :D

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Besharrn is hoping that the group can get at least one Trust Point out of this....

OOC: You are well on your way. I stopped posting exact counts of that because I feared it might constrain your play too much, but suffice to say you're having a pretty good day in terms of trust points today.

Scotley

Hero
"I don't know much about weapons it's true." Looking them over, "But these look GREAT! I'm truly impressed you can create such art."

The old Dwarf woman beams with pride at the praise. Her smile gets even broader as she collects her fees. Mending plows and forging farm horse shoes doesn't bring in this kind of coin.

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

"It has been an honor and a pleasure to learn smithing from someone with such masterful ability. Your forge is a wonder. Thank you for taking me on as a temporary bellows apprentice. I had forgotten there were muscles under those muscles." B'rii takes another sip of his ale and looks to his compatriots for an indication of what they plan to do next.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads