Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5 is full again.

Scotley

Hero
Well crud. I should've posted a few hours ago, but I just spent the past few hours working on a human (Flan) rogue 7/fighter 2. Figured I'd post after I was mostly finished. :-/ But there's not much point in having two rogues. Tococh is focused in search, disable device, open lock, hide, move silently, and two-weapon fighting with the warhammer and handaxe.

If you want in I'll make a spot for you. The extra fighter and rogue isn't really needed, but if you are set on Tococh I'll look him over. If you've got time to come up with something else that is cool too.

Scotley

Hero
Okay gang thank you for the prompt response. Recruiting is now closed pending submissions by Vertexx69 and Arkhandus. Tailspinner, go ahead and put Ms. Tealeaf in the RG.

G

Guest 11456

Okay gang thank you for the prompt response. Recruiting is now closed pending submissions by Vertexx69 and Arkhandus. Tailspinner, go ahead and put Ms. Tealeaf in the RG.

She has been added. I also added Appearance, Personality & History including the tie-in to Ambrose.

Scotley

Hero
She has been added. I also added Appearance, Personality & History including the tie-in to Ambrose.

Excellent, we'll figure out how to catch you up to the rest of the group in short order. It might be easier to bundle all the new folk up together, so lets give them some time to post.

Vertexx69

First Post
Heres Ballista, my skill monkey without that many skills ;p

[sblock=Description & Style]This curious little elf girl is quite a sight to behold. Though she stands a demure 5ft tall, she wields weapons that are far larger than a large man should be able to effectively use. Her waist length black hair frames her ghostly pale face with shadows, and is held back in a complicated series of braids and elven knots that no one but her can replicate. The eerie pools of mercury lenses she wears hide any of the emotion that might be conveyed by her deep forest green eyes.
When she enters combat her hauntingly beautiful voice can be heard over even the loudest commotion, to urge her allies on further than one of the maiden’s skill should be able to do, while raining spears of death into the fray with no fear of hitting those she calls friends.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ballista]Name: Ballista, Singing Bow of the Protector
Class: Range6/Bard3
Race: Elf
Size: M
Alignment: LN
Deity: Corellon Larethian

Str: 14 +2 XP: 0
Dex: 20 +5 BAB: +8 HP: 28 (8 +5d8, +3d6)
Con: 10 +0 Grapple: +10
Int: 11 +0 Speed: 30' Stat Increases: +2 dex
Wis: 12 +10 Init: +5 Spell Save: 0
Cha: 14 +2 ACP: 0 Spell Fail: 0

Base Armor Shld Dex Size Nat Misc Total
Armor: 10 +6 +3/8 +5 +0 +0 +0 24/29 vs. ranged attacks
Touch: 15/20 vs. ranged attacks Flatfooted: 19/24 vs. ranged attacks

Spell Res: None
Dmg Red: None

Total Base Mod Misc
Fort: +6 +6 +0 --
Ref: +13 +8 +5 --
Will: +6 +5 +1 --

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Range
+1 Comp Longbow (+2) +14 2d6+3 20/x3 100
Silvered Greatsword +10 3d6+2 19-20/X2
Notes:

Abilities:
Bardic Knowledge
Bardic Music 3/day
Favored Enemy: Undead +4 and Evil Outsiders +2
Track
Wild Empathy
Animal Companion
Fast healing 3

Feats:
1 Precise Shot
- (Bonus Ranger) Rapid Shot
3 True Believer (Correlon Larethian)
- (Bonus Ranger) Endurance
6 Woodland Archer
- (Bonus Ranger) Manyshot
9 Song of the Heart

Skill Points: 72 Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills Total Ranks Stat Misc
Knowledge Relig +5 5 +0 -
Knowledge Plan +5 5 +0 -
Knowledge Dung +5 5 +0 -
Knowledge Nat +5 5 +0 -
Search +2 5 +1 +2
Spot +5 5 +1 +2
Listen +3 5 +1 +2
Tumble +11 3 +5 --
Survival +4 5 +2 +2
Sense Motive +12 11 +1 --
Perform (Sing) +11 9(12) +2 --

Languages: Common, Elven, Drow, Draconic, Dwarven, Infernal, Goblin, Ignan, Giant

Gear: 36,000g cost weight
Blueshine Millenial Chainmail+1 9,650 20
Animate Heavy Steel Shield +1 9,170 15
- Crystal of Arrow Deflection (M) 2,500 -
Strongarm Bracers 6,000 2
Large Bow of the Wintermoon 3,400 6
-Least Truedeath crystal 1,000 -
Quiver of Ehlonna 1,800 1
Lenses of Revalation 1,400 -
Large Silvered Greatsword 280 20

Everfull mug 200 1
Adventurers outfit 10 4
Rope hemp 50 ft 1 10
Everlasting Rations 350 2
Everburning Beltbuckle 90 1
Arrows X120 6
Backpack 2 1

Total Weight:38lb Money: 32gp 0sp 0cp

Lgt Med Hvy Lift Push
Max Weight: 38 76 115 230 575

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 102
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black
Skin: Pale[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Okay, Ballista's cool. Welcome. I'm not familiar will all her feats and a couple of the magic items, but I like what I see. Looks like you still need spells, a history and an animal companion. Put her in the Rogue's Gallery.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Okay, quick and dirty to get things moving. Can we assume that Ballista and Jillian arrived in Saltmarsh just after the group left intent on joining Ambrose's quest? Can we further assume that the innkeeper at the 'Lizard told you of the quest and the will and then sent you in the direction taken by the rest of the group. You soon encountered Jason and Lucien coming back to Saltmarsh and they told you of the campsite and the fight with the Hags. From that campsite it was a fairly easy matter for Ballista to follow the group to their current location. You ended up camping fairly close to the hill and arrived just as they were getting ready to venture in...

If Arkhandus submits a character then we'll add it to your little group. Feel free to introduce yourselves to the existing group standing at the cave mouth looking bemused.

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=@DM]All the items are from DMG or MIC

Blueshine - can be added to any metal armor. and makes it immune to acid and rust.

Millenial chain and Bow of the winter moon are relic items of Corellon's worshipers Since I have the true beleiver feat they give me fast healing 3 and a sliding strength bonus+frost and drow bane.

Strongarm bracers let her wield large sized weapons without penalty.

The lenses of revalation let let me see the auras around undead and evil outsiders.

The feats you probably aren't familiar with are:

Woodland archer - gives 3 maneuvers
- Adjust for Range: If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks inthe same round to hit the same foe.
- Pierce the Foliage: If you hit a foe with a Miss Chance due to Concealment with a ranged attack, you canignore the Miss Chance against the same foe in the following round.
- Moving Sniper: If you succeed in a Sniping Attack , the following round you can make a single attack, take a Move Action (normally not allowed),
and then make a Hide check to remain hidden. As long as you remain unseen, you can continue makingSniping Attacks.

True Believer +3 to one save 1/day and lets me use the relic items of her deity.

I had to give up Song of the heart as I just noticed that woodland archer had a prereq feat. But it was +1 to her inspire courage and competence.[/sblock]So can we buy something with that extra 3000g before we head out to meet them?

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=@ Tailspinner] Hiya tail. A couple of things about your rogue. She only has a 20 dex instead the 22 you have posted (16+2+2 is 20 ;p). For the 7000 you spent you spent to raise your armor from +3 to +4 (1AC) you could get a +1 ring of protection, an amulet of natural armor +1, and have 3000 left over for other things: Like changing your plain mithral shirt to a mithralmyst shirt (+1 mithral shirt with an extra ability) 3400 base instead of 1100. It lets you fill your square with mist that grants you concealment (letting you hide) 7 times a day for a minute, but doesn't impede YOUR vision. This would let you use your sneak attack more often.

Instead of just a +2 to your main weapon you could give it deadly precision (+1) which is +1d6 dmg to your sneak attack.

Instead of Imp Init and sneaky, You could get combat expertise and deadly defense feats (Csco). DD lets you deal an extra 1d6 dmg with finesse weapons if you fight defensively or with a -2 to hit in light or no armor.

Just a few friendly suggestions to help you out a bit since it looks like you don't have access to MIC :)[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=@Vertexx69]Dexterity is actually correct. It is 16 points with a point buy yields 18 + 2 race + 2 level gives 22. RE: the other stuff. Thanx for the suggestions but I'll just stick with what I have. It fits with my character concept.[/sblock]

Remove ads