Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Since Harrison seems to be the only party member struggling against the gargoyle in actual melee, Logan will foolishly step up to assist him, swinging his magic morningstar at the enemy (+10 to hit, 1d8+3 dam). Unfortunately, I think he probably missed. :( attacing gargoyle (1d20+10=17, 1d8+3=6)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The Gargoyle responds to Harrison's attacks with an awesome blow (1d20+20=29). The creature is very strong and the blow rocks the fighter (damage (2d8+10=19)) threatening to knock him off his feet.

[sblock=Harrison] (DC19 reflex save or be knocked back two squares and fall prone). [/sblock]

OOC: Awesome Blow is a pretty cool feat, I wonder if I'll get to try out cleave or better yet great cleave before this fight is over? :devil:

Harrison struggles to keep his footing against the gargoyle's fierce counter attack, and the trained mercenary succeeds:

reflex save (1d20+8=21)

Looks like the castle is kind to me so far.

HP: 61 of 97

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Logan had a front row seat for the hideous blow just dealt to Harrison, and he immediately begins shaking in his boots. "Maybe coming up here to lend you a hand wasn't such a smart idea after all. One Whack like that would knock me clean into next month!" But, resigned to his fate, Logan continues to feint and weave with the gargoyle.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Yep, by 4 did you take into account the Divine Favor Logan cast last round? Still might not be enough.
You're absolutely right! Good grief, and I just cast that spell! That makes my attack roll a 20, and my damage a 9. Does that get help enough? Oh, since you said "by 4" I guess not. Missed him by THAT much!

Vertexx69

First Post
Ballista sees the cleric foolishly standing toe to toe with the beast that could rend him to bits in seconds and shakes her head again. "Logan! If my arrows are not damaging it, I doubt your mace will do much good either. Fall back and concentrate on healing from outside of its reach."

Arkhandus

First Post
Grackle Granitetop, HP 67/57, AC 24, F+6, R+7, W+5

Grackle looks on in momentary confusion, then calls out a bit weakly "You go boom now an' go 'way, 'kay?" in tooth-gnashing Terran.

He gibbers for a moment afterward, digs around in his filthy pockets, and hurls something tiny and red at the strange gargoyle, which then explodes in the corridor behind it, immolating the gargoyle for a second. Grackle makes sure to hurl the little explodey marble well past Garagos, so the *boooom* doesn't hit him, just the gargoyle.

Then the gnome jogs a little ways further back to hide. (20 ft)

OOC: Fireball at the beastie.
Fireball, Reflex DC 18 halves, versus mutant gargoyle (9d6=31)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: At the first opportunity, Garagos will abort his delayed action to go Full Defense. If he gets to attack before this, he will use Elusive Attack.

Scotley

Hero
Grackle looks on in momentary confusion, then calls out a bit weakly "You go boom now an' go 'way, 'kay?" in tooth-gnashing Terran.

He gibbers for a moment afterward, digs around in his filthy pockets, and hurls something tiny and red at the strange gargoyle, which then explodes in the corridor behind it, immolating the gargoyle for a second. Grackle makes sure to hurl the little explodey marble well past Garagos, so the *boooom* doesn't hit him, just the gargoyle. Amazingly, though charred a bit, the big creature somehow manages to avoid the worst of the flames.

Moving with surprising grace in his heavy armor and carefully dodging the Gargoyle's claws, Gargoes steps up for a swing (1d20+15=28) and chops (1d20+5=7) into the Gargoyle's side, but the creature seems to shrug off the blow.

Logan hears the concern voiced from behind him, but he stays the course for the moment and attacks the gargoyle again. And this time, he misses much worse than before! Second attack on souped up gargoyle thingy (1d20+10=12, 1d8+3=8)

"Aye, Ballista, you may have a point! But THIS," and here he shakes his enchanted morning star at Ballista, "Is no simple mace!" Still, he signals to Ballista, inviting her to cover his retreat and take his place facing the hideous beast. For now, though, he maintains his defensive posture against the monster.

Zorn takes a couple of steps forwards and, using careful aim so as to NOT hit his allies, launches another blisteringly cold orb at the beast.

I really do hate to give you the cold shoulder but all you have to do is freeze! Zorn taunts the creature. The Gargoyle flinches from the powerful attack.

OOC: Reflex Save (1d20+5=19)

Logan 6
Zorn 5 (action posted)
Harrison Bentz 17
Jillian 14
Ballista 10
4 armed winged thingy 10 (AC21)
Grackle 7
Garagoes 7

Attachments

• Room 8.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 67