Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Leif

Adventurer
Logan hears the concern voiced from behind him, but he stays the course for the moment and attacks the gargoyle again. And this time, he misses much worse than before! Second attack on souped up gargoyle thingy (1d20+10=12, 1d8+3=8)

"Aye, Ballista, you may have a point! But THIS," and here he shakes his enchanted morning star at Ballista, "Is no simple mace!" Still, he signals to Ballista, inviting her to cover his retreat and take his place facing the hideous beast. For now, though, he maintains his defensive posture against the monster.

Vertexx69

First Post
Ballista, HP48/48, AC 26/29vRanged(FF19/24vR-T15/20vR) F5 R13 W6

Ballista sees her arrows continue to be ineffective against the monstrousity and opts for a different tactic. Her sweetly forlorn voice rises above the crashing din of combat Accompanied by a strange white glow from her eyes silloettes her silver spectacles. Her allies feel inspired and charge once more bravely into the fray. Perform (Sing): (1d20+11=28)

[sblock=OOC]Swift action to cast Inspirational Boost as she uses Standard action to Inspire Courage for +2 to hit, dmg and fear saves. She'll also go defensive just in case until her next action.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Grackle Granitetop, HP 67/57, AC 24, F+6, R+7, W+5

After a few moments, Grackle notices that the big winged beastie doesn't look very burnt, and he cries out "Oh noes! My fires! My shiny melty fires!" He doesn't realize that he left out adding that they didn't work so well. So he tries a different spell, and gibbers some more, flinging something green and oozy this time, at the big gargoyle thing.

Grackle hustles further away afterward (20 ft.), taking cover around a corner or something if he can find one close enough.

OOC: I can't view Excel files on my computer, so I dunno what the 'map' is showing... BTW, I need to know how big the critter is, like dimensions, not size category. A rough estimate anyway. Grackle casts Acid Arrow.
Acid Arrow ranged touch attack, initial damage, and continuing damage for the next 3 rounds (1d20+9=14, 2d4=3, 2d4=8, 2d4=5, 2d4=5)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Logan had a front row seat for the hideous blow just dealt to Caerwyn, and he immediately begins shaking in his boots. "Maybe coming up here to lend you a hand wasn't such a smart idea after all. One Whack like that would knock me clean into next month!" But, resigned to his fate, Logan continues to feint and weave with the gargoyle.

]ooc[ Caerwyn? who is that? ... Oh, you meant Harrison, didn't you? ]/ooc[

G

Guest 11456

I can't view Excel files on my computer, so I dunno what the 'map' is showing.

Code:
(L)ogan
(H)arrison
(Z)orn
(B)allista
(G)aragos
(J)illian
G(R)ackle
(g)argoyle
(d)oor
(.):empty space
(+):corner
(| or -):wall

GHIJKLMNOPQRST
 2         |....|
 3         |....|
 4         |....|
 5         |....|
 6         |....|
 7 +----+  |....|
 8 |....|  |....|
 9 |...L+--+....|
10 |.ggH...ZB...|
11 |.ggG.J.....R|
12 |....+--+....|
13 |....d  |....|
14 +--d-+  |....|
15         |....|
16         |....|
17         |....|
18         |....|
19         |....|
20         |....|
21         |....|
22         |....|

Scotley

Hero
The little sorcerer sizes up the Gargoyle and finds it similar in size to a troll, but with bat-like wings that extend above its head.

OOC: Here's a jpeg that might work better for you. You should be able to use open office or google docs to view the spreadsheets. There may be an excel viewer from microsoft available as well.

Attachments

• Room 8.jpg
    Room 8.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 66

Remove ads