Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scotley

Hero
Garagos shouts at Harrison: "Get behin' me and grab the Greataxe from my back! Perhaps adamantine will be able to pierce this creatures hide! I will hold him back!" But his shout falls on deaf ears; the warrior has fallen.

Logan hefts his mighty morning star, and brings if down soundly upon the gargoyle's horn that so recently gored him.

"Take that, you big, horny brute!"

Unfortunately, even though the Cleric's blow hit, it only just barely scratched the Gargoyle's tough hide.

[sblock=Logan]I believe you left off the +3 for divine favor and the +2 for the Bard song meaning damage was 12 rather than 7 which was a net of 2 after damage reduction.[/sblock]

Zorn stares in disbelief as the creature rends Harrison nearly in two.

No! he shouts at the vile thing before hurling a bolt of electricity at the beast. The bolt strikes true and the Gargoyle's body spasms as the electricity dances painfully though his limbs.

Jillian 14
Ballista 10
4 armed winged thingy 10 (AC21)
Grackle 7
Garagoes 7
Logan 6
Zorn 5
[sblock=DM's Damage Tally]Gargoyle has taken 140 damage so far. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Ballista, HP48/48, AC 26/29vRanged(FF19/24vR-T15/20vR) F5 R13 W6

Ballista eyes show the anguish over the loss, but then they glow a fiery red and a searing point of light blazes into being right between the gargoyle's own eyes as she sights down the shaft of a giant arrow. Her song carries on as she doesn't need to speak words for her spell.

OOC - casting Hunters Mercy (Her first hit next round is auto crit).

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

"Pelor's Paunch! HARRISON!!!"

Walking Dad

First Post
Garagos, AC 29 (T19, FF27), HP 50/107, DR 3/-, F +11,R+6,W+10

With another warrior fallen, Garagos just uses his towershield for cover to block the way: "Logan! Let's build a shield wall and let the others pepper it with bow and magic."

[sblock=ooc]

Using towershield to get full cover![/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Jillian Tealeaf, Rogue9, AC25,FF19,T17, HP37/37, F+4,R+13,W+5

Seeing Harrison fall, Jillian adjusts her position to be opposite of Logan. Then she attacks the creature aiming for vital locations with her short sword.

OOC: 5-foot step to F-12 opposite Logan and now flanking the gargoyle.
Attacks include +2 for flank and +2 for bard's song.
Damage includes +2 for bard's song and +5d6 for sneak attack.

Attacks (1d20+19=25, 1d20+14=26)

Damages (1d4+5d6+4=27, 1d4+5d6+4=28)

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

"Sorry Garagos! I'm taking a break from this fight for a moment."

Logan will withdraw as a full round action, allowing his more martial friends to soak up some more of this punishment, while he positions himself to heal himself and them. ;)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Seeing Harrison fall, Jillian adjusts her position to be opposite of Logan. Then she attacks the creature aiming for vital locations with her short sword. She opens two vicious wounds in the Gargoyle's back, but fails to bring it down.

Ballista eyes show the anguish over the loss, but then they glow a fiery red and a searing point of light blazes into being right between the gargoyle's own eyes as she sights down the shaft of a giant arrow. Her song carries on as she doesn't need to speak words for her spell.

With another warrior fallen, Garagos just uses his towershield for cover to block the way: "Logan! Let's build a shield wall and let the others pepper it with bow and magic."

The Gargoyle attacks. He manages to get a claw into both Jillian (21 damage) and Logan (17) while his attacks against Garagos are frustrated, so he butts and bites and the tower shield damaging it, but not destroying it.

Grackle 7
Garagoes 7 (taking cover)
Logan 6
Zorn 5

Jillian 14
Ballista 10
4 armed winged thingy 10 (AC21)

OOC: Actions? I didn't update the map as the only movement was a sidestep by Jillian.

[sblock=DM's Damage Tally]Gargoyle has taken 175 damage so far.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Previous post edited

Logan will now withdraw from the combat as a full round action, figuring that his limited resources will be better spent healing his friends, rather than dying alongside them. ;)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison falls to the stone floor with a sickening wet sound, his head falling to the ground with a hollow cocoanut clonk. His lifelessw form now just simply just lies there on the ground.

Remove ads