Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry, SD, guess I should have backed off to heal sooner. :eek:

OOC: Was it vertex69, Arkhandus, graybeard, or someone else that recently got onto me about that? Whoever it was, you were right.

Arkhandus

First Post
Grackle Granitetop

Grackle heads around the corner again to see what's happened since he took cover a moment ago, then mutters worriedly and casts another spell, hurling two javelin-like bolts of flame at the big winged meanie.

OOC: Scorching Ray. Add +2 to attack or damage as appropriate for Ballista's song, if it applies. 14 and 23 to hit, 15 and 19 fire damage.
1d20+9=14, 4d6=15, 1d20+9=23, 4d6=19

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Sorry, SD, guess I should have backed off to heal sooner. :eek:

OOC: Was it vertex69, Arkhandus, graybeard, or someone else that recently got onto me about that? Whoever it was, you were right.

]ooc[ I don't think there was any thing that could have been done. I was still at a healthy 61 points when I was dealt 73 points in one round. What, if anything, could have been done. Could any of us have known that the beasty thing could have doe that much damage to any one at all? I personaly hold nothing against any one in this matter. Just enjoy and have fun in this game, I am. I will be making a 'death walk' post in the next round just for the fun of it! ]/ooc[

Scotley

Hero
Grackle heads around the corner again to see what's happened since he took cover a moment ago, then mutters worriedly and casts another spell, hurling two javelin-like bolts of flame at the big winged meanie. The first one singes it pretty good, but the second one causes the Gargoyle to burn completely. It tumbles into smoldering ruin leaving the party wreathed in a pall of greasy smoke.

Graybeard

Explorer
Coughing and choking on the smoke, Zorn yells out:

When the smoke clears, someone search the room. Someone should check Harrison as well even though I fear the worst.

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Logan, weeping softly for his friend, arranges Harrison's limbs into a dignified posture and arranges his gear around him. "Harrison, Harrison, oh my dear friend Harrison."

OOC: Logan has no Raise Dead spell prepared, currently, but he intends to fix that at the earliest available opportunity. Sadly, when he is raised in this manner, Harrison will still suffer the usual losses/reductions from being so raised.

Vertexx69

First Post
Ballista, HP48/48, AC 26/29vRanged(FF19/24vR-T15/20vR) F5 R13 W6

As the gargoyles body falls to smoldering bits, the fire lifts from Ballista's eyes. Her bow once again vanishes into her quiver as she approaches the torn warrior. "He was a good kid. I hate to see him end like this, but he died defending us and it was a monumental foe." She can't help but smile a little to herself at her pun as she removes his quiver and bag, wraps his body in his cloak and places both halves of him in the very sack he was carrying. "Nobody should be left in a place like this. We take him with us." With song of inspration still echoing in the halls of the tomb she adds to it a mournful song:

With horn and claw
Verse sword and shield
The raining blows did fall

Through singing chant
And raging blood
The fight we answered all

But when the dust
Had settled last
Both beast and warrior
Were no more

Such is the way
That many tales
Do sadly close their doors

- by Ballista, Singing Bow of the Protector
- sung over Harrison Bentz in the Tomb of Horrors

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Does Logan judge that the necklace would fetch a sufficient price to commission a very heroic bronze statue of the fallen Harrison? :)

Scotley

Hero
Examining the collar more closely, Logan finds that it is studded with 10 diamonds each worth perhaps 1,000 gp. A little slip of paper is tucked into a slit in the leather.

[sblock=Reading the paper]Look low and high for gold, to hear a tale untold. The archway at the end, and on your way you’ll wend.
—A.[/sblock]

Remove ads