Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Vertexx69

First Post
Ballista, HP48/48, AC 26/29vRanged(FF19/24vR-T15/20vR) F5 R13 W6

Ballista takes up a covering position from around the corner (k-11) using the wall as her own bit of protection. Her massive arrow knocked and readied to fire through either door as the rogue moves (mechanically) toward them to check for traps and locks.

OOC - Readied action to fire at any nasties coming through the doors from the other side.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Anybody heard from Tailspinner lately? I plan to move the action forward to night either way.
OOC: He's only got an hour and a half left before it becomes Sunday morning and he becomes a liar. Think he'll make it? ;) We'll probably forgive him, though. Someday.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: He's only got an hour and a half left before it becomes Sunday morning and he becomes a liar. Think he'll make it? ;) We'll probably forgive him, though. Someday.
OOC:

OOC: Sorry, a local thunderstorm spoiled my plans for posting last night. Please try to find it in your hearts to forgive... :.-(

Scotley

Hero
Jillian discovers no traps on either door. Opening the one to the east only reveals a small empty room. The door to the south reveals ten feet of hallway ending with another door. Which also proves to have no traps. Following the corridor around you find it loops back to a false door on a solid wall. A careful search of the gargoyles' room reveals nothing either. Something about the south wall in the small room to the east suggests it is a hidden door, but not a typical one.

OOC: Tomb of Horrors is an old school dungeon and as such simply identifying a secret door is not enough to open it. You must tell me how you would manipulate the door in hopes of getting it open.

Attachments

• Dead End.jpg
    Dead End.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 64

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76-10+3DR=69/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Logan approaches the door. He will try to slide the door up. If that does not work, he will try to: slide the door to the left, slide the door to the right, push in the bottom of the door, push in the top of the door, pivot the door counterclockwise, pivot the door counterclockwise, push in on the bottom of the door, push in (gently) on the top of the door. If any of these methods results in any motion of the door, Logan will stop at that point and reassess.

Graybeard

Explorer
Zorn steps up near the door. Before Logan starts moving the door around, he offers to check for magic.

Logan, allow me to check for magic before you shove the door around. It is possible that there is a magical way to open it.

ooc: Will cast Detect Magic when the others move out of the way.

Scotley

Hero
Zorn is fairly certain that a simple knock spell would do the trick. He detects no other magic on the door. Logan's manipulations do not produce the desired result. There must be some other push or pull that he missed...

Remove ads