• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Scourge of the Sword Coast Updates?

Ziusnafallion

First Post
Hello, all. I've decided to run the Scourge of the Sword Coast with my players as we await the release of the Horde of the Dragon Queen and PHB. I was wondering if anyone knows of an update anywhere for the monster statistics or other rules in the adventure? I know the Starter Set has updated stats for Goblins, etc as well as spells and the basic classes. Has anyone compiled a document with updates, or do you think running the module as-is would be okay?

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
I would run it as is.

If you update Bugbears, goblins, and Hobgoblins to their starter set number you may get a TPK.

Depends on if the group is a 'pull the level' style or fight/rest/fight/rest/etc.

When we played I'd have them pull entire areas at a time. The goblin area ended up as 3 running encounters. With each area being a single day befitting assaulting an enemy camp.

It had a very strong Keep on the Borderlands feel without the cramping.

Ziusnafallion

First Post
Sounds good, I think I'll run it as-is like you suggest. I ran a single session a few days ago, and the fight with the goblins at the farmhouse (with updated goblin stats) did seem like a pretty difficult encounter, so I'll definitely take this advice. The group are all brand new players to D&D, so they don't have a good grasp on combat strategy as of yet. The published stats in the module seem less difficult, so that should help their survivability. Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads