• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scroll of Revivify

Atavar

First Post
FWIW, in Monte Cook's Book of Experimental Might he allows the drawing of an item such as a scroll to be done as part of a move action just like the drawing of a weapon.

While not core RAW, it sounds like an often house-ruled issue.

Later,

Atavar

Bad Paper

First Post
This exact issue came up in my campaign. The cleric always fills one of his spell slots with revivify. Problem solved.

I haven't read the Rules Non-Errata Update..err, I mean, Compendium, but from what I have seen on this board it looks like that book is a big pile of crap.

frankthedm

First Post
[imagel]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3456/readordie150rr3.jpg[/imagel] Posted by jaelis
If you have a BAB of +1 or greater, then you can draw "weapon-like objects carried in easy reach" as part of movement. I think most DMs would let you put at least a couple scrolls in easy reach and let you use that rule, so you could draw the scroll while moving up to your ally and cast the spell, all in one round.

Unless a character is a "Master of Papercuts", I object to very notion of a scroll being considered a 'weapon like object.'

Nifft

Penguin Herder
frankthedm said:
Unless a character is a "Master of Papercuts", I object to very notion of a scroll being considered a 'weapon like object.'
Didn't Belkar once say that being a Ranger meant he could hit you with two scrolls at once?

Otherwise, yeah. Scrolls aren't all that weapon-like.

Cheers, -- N

llamatron2000

First Post
Nifft said:
Scrolls aren't all that weapon-like.

I disagree. A rolled-up scroll is about the same size as a good dagger, and if it's on good parchment or supported by a scroll rod, then it's got a little bit of solidity and heft to it as well.

Folly

First Post
There is also a specific shield or shield modification that allows you to store a scroll on your shield strap. Thus as a cleric you don't have to pull it out.

Hejdun

First Post
Folly said:
There is also a specific shield or shield modification that allows you to store a scroll on your shield strap. Thus as a cleric you don't have to pull it out.

The problem being that the Caster Shield can't accommodate scrolls of higher than 3rd level.

moritheil

First Post
frankthedm said:
[imagel]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3456/readordie150rr3.jpg[/imagel]

Nice attachment :p

I suspect that the group CP gamed with included a cleric with Reach Spell, or a front-line cleric who had to periodically cast revivify on an adjacent melee PC.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Hejdun said:
Infinite Scrollcase: page 162 of the MIC.

This is where the Belt of Battle comes in handy. Just blow as many charges as you need to do it in time.

Amongst core rule items, glove of storing will do the job. My cleric in 3.0e took craft wondrous item feat and made a pair of those gloves just for storing two Heal scrolls handy (he was using a two-handed weapon and thus did not bothered by shield).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads