• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scroll of Revivify

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
We allow Gentle Repose to extent the 'one round' time limit. Mostly because otherwise you're likely to see the Revivify yo-yo. He's up, he's down, he's up, he's down, ....

seans23

First Post
Bad Paper said:
This exact issue came up in my campaign. The cleric always fills one of his spell slots with revivify. Problem solved.

I've still never actually USED that spell even though I've been filling a slot with it for over a year.

Not that I'm complaining...

Taluron

Other possiblities:

1. Handy Haversack - retrieval is a move action - those side pockets seem to me to be made for scrolls and potions.

2. from the SRD:
----------
Touch Spells and Holding the Charge
In most cases, if you don’t discharge a touch spell on the round you cast it, you can hold the charge (postpone the discharge of the spell) indefinitely. You can make touch attacks round after round. If you cast another spell, the touch spell dissipates.

Some touch spells allow you to touch multiple targets as part of the spell. You can’t hold the charge of such a spell; you must touch all targets of the spell in the same round that you finish casting the spell.
-----------
Revivify is a touch spell with only one target AFAIK. Cast it the round before you think your comrade is going down. Status or Greater Status can let you know that info.

3. Instant Summons - if you haev a ring of spell storing, place the Instant Summons in the ring and let the divine caster cast it on the scroll. IS is a standard action to cast but no action time is mentioned for activating it.

4. Spell Storing ring - use the scroll to place Revivify into the ring.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads