• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sealed In Blood - Chapter 1, Party B

Janos Audron

Explorer
Mister Angel! I thought it would be a good idea to let Nameless here scout ahead first, so that we know if we can enter or if we have to disguise ourselves. I doubt many of us would be welcomed in a city on my home plane and I have no reason to believe this place is very different.

Once Nameless let's us know it is safe to enter, the rest of us will go. I think it is a setback for our mission if we have to fight the guards.

He turns to Nameless:

Nameless, information on races that live there would be nice, as well as information about religion. See if you can find a church and identify the patron, I think that will tell us a lot about the general attitude of the people here.

Fiend turn back to the Angel:

By the way, how would you like to be adressed, and what is your specialty? Not a fighter is a little too broad.

[OOC: Since everyone (except Macbrea) seems too lazy to actually type their alignments, can you at least tell me if you're Mind Blanked?]

[Active Spell Effects: Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Thoughts, Discern Lies, Magic Circle Against Chaos, Tongues, True Seeing, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Mind Blank, Expiditious Retreat, Aviod Planar Effects, Mind Link (Xert, Kip, Conner, Melchiah, Nameless)

SA/SQ: Fear Aura (Su), Immunities (Ex) [Poison, Electricity, Fire], Resistances (Ex) [Acid, Cold: 13], Spell Resistance (Ex) [26], Telepathy (Su), See in Darkness (Su), Know Alignment (Su), Aura of Despair (Su), Regeneration (Ex) [1: Blessed/Holy], Damage Reduction (Su) [13/+4]

Other Effects: Immune to Form Altering Transmutations, Immune to Criticals, Resistances [Acid, Cold, Sonic: 30]]

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
I am Xert. I prefer to deal in information and with things arcane. I deal with Luz'noc only to gain knowledge.

OOC: Lawful Neutral, not currently mind-blanked

GE

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Damn, I thought I typed my alignment in. Must've just checked it and then forgotten to put it in... Chaotic Neutral

IC: The raven suddenly starts twisting and twitching, attempting to resist the sudden attack on his mind.

Current effects on: Wildshaped to a raven (manouverability improved by feat), Blindsight 30ft (feat), Fast Healing 9 (Epic feats), Evasion, +4 profane bonus to Wis

Last edited:

Nameless tries to resist the attack upon his mind, and although he almost manages to shrug it off-he succumbs to Kip's possession. From what the kobold can tell though, the shapeshifter's will is strong to have almost resisted him. (Nameless rolls a 17 for a total of 27 vs. DC 28)

As the duo make it to the village, flying seven miles forward they notice it to be a relatively spread out town, with several large, well-fashioned buildings standing around the center-one of which being a sort mage's guild, and another a temple. The people here look relatively normal, and seem unprotected versus any actual combat. Most of them are living normal lives for their stations in life-peasants, artisans, merchants, and similar. There is what looks to be a militia, but the members are far and few between and there doesn't appear to be many veterans of combat. You can't find anything special of note to the city apart from what you have gathered. (Spot check with held)

OOC: As I've already told Dalamar/Janos, please list all the effects upon your person at the bottom of your next post (or last post, if you perfer to edit it in)-this includes natural resistances. After that, you don't have to worry about putting it at the bottom of your post again unless one or more of the effects are changed or you gain one or more effects. If it's not there, you don't have it-Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
In Nameless's mind <<Don't worry, i don't plan on taking control of you unless all goes wrong and your dominated. I am here purely to aid you and to be your mental attack. Its what I do. Anyways, you said be my guest!>>

<<Hey, you know you have some empty spots in here! Hey, look out for that cloud!>>

[OOC: Mindblank (psionic), Possession other (su), Etherealness (Su), Granting +4 profane wisdom bonus to Nameless through Friend or Enemy (su) ]

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
I would appreciate it if you had told me that beforehand...
The raven lands on top of the temple, trying to find out what deity (or deities) it belongs to.
Once done, it goes to a secluded alley and changes to a dog. It then starts slowly jogging along the streets, trying to figure out the general spread of races present.

Rathan

First Post
OC: My alignment is N/E...... as you mind link with me.. you feel tormented by wolves.... tearing at your flesh... rending your entire body..... you feel as if this toments Conner constantly.... it's mostly all he thinks about.....

OC: oh yea... almost forgot... "Detect Good" on everyone that can be effected by it.....

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
<< hmm, you did say be my guest!. Anyways, two eyes are better then one. >>

[ooc: I will take a -30 my hide and move silently to hide the rogue so he doesn't have to do it. Then keep an eye out for strange looking stuff. Nameless is currently hiding (+27) and moving silently (+18) unless he makes an obvious attempt to be seen]

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
I might've said that, but it doesn't mean you can just hop in without warning me. And when those two sets of eyes are looking through one, it isn't going to do much more good.

Macbrea

First Post
<< Well, anyways. Lets assume you wander about. I can assist in a few different ways. Lets look for anything strange about this town and see if they appear to be guarding things. >>>

Remove ads