• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Search for the Missing EN World Thread

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Once upon a time, I subscribed to a thread discussing the effects of piracy upon the gaming industry.

Then I logged in one day and ALL of my subscriptions were gone. Don't know why; don't know how.

Does anyone remember that thread? If so, can you tell me how to find it and/or link me to it? There's some info in it that could do me some good.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Off to Meta.

Can you remember anything specific about it, or anyone who posted in it? How about an approximate date or size?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The title may have been something like "Has piracy hurt the Gaming industry" or some such.

As I recall, it was majorly active during June and July.

I was actually a major poster in it towards the end. I seem to remember a couple of the industry insiders posting in the string as well because there was a side discussion about how many copies a good game product title would typically sell- possibly Sean K. Reynolds.

People discussed P2P PDF swapping, whether copyright infringement was theft, and the like.

Remove ads