• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Searching for the history of D&D

RObiN-HoOD

Explorer
Hi,
I am searching for a document / webpages / whatever that could help me find out the history of D&D. I want chonological order of events, TSR/WotC/Hasbro stuff and the history of importnat people in the job.

Any URLs?

Thanks,

Dark Jezter

First Post
Here you go.

That link takes you to an article detailing the history of D&D. It details the game's roots in wargaming, the run-ins with the media, the rise and fall of TSR (often referred to as T$R), etc.

Azlan

First Post
Wow.

I've read a few other "history of D&D" articles, including the rather lengthy and informative ones in The Role-Playing Games Bible and in Heroic Worlds: A History and Guide to Role-Playing Games.

But the one Dark Jezter provided a link to was the most informative I've read thus far about what was going on behind the scenes at TSR. It *really* starts getting down to the nitty-gritty, around pages #6 and #7!

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Dark Jezter said:
Here you go.

That link takes you to an article detailing the history of D&D. It details the game's roots in wargaming, the run-ins with the media, the rise and fall of TSR (often referred to as T$R), etc.

best.article.evar :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads