• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Season 4 Curse of Strahd and Adventurers League

Remathilis

Legend
When does the next version PC rules/Update and the Character Sheet go up?

Is there going to be any special chargen material for this modules? (Backgrounds, Bonds, etc)? Either Official (like the Appendix of OotA) or AL-created?

Byakugan

First Post
I am getting the impression that a lot of people think the 'trapped in Ravenloft' idea is a flop. I like the idea about as much as I liked Chapter 1 of OotA...I stopped coming to AL for 2 months, rather than play the first couple chapters...The feedback I have heard sofar says they nailed the ravenloft feel pretty well, so maybe there is hope. 3 of our 5 DMs are already dropping out for S4, so I am probably going to have to DM anyways. If roughly the same number of people show up to play that means we are looking at having about 9 pla...err 7, right 7 players per table! *wink*

Wouldn't it just be easier to say only season 4 origin characters can play the content until xxx date, or until tier 2, or whatever?

I guess I can understand the desire to scare all those 2nd level dudes with Dawnbringers (I count no less than 5 of them in at our LGS) from going to vampire land and getting free exps. I am betting someone will show up with a SCAG rebuilt character Dual-Wielding 'Dawnies' the second another Legendary with a trade log hits print. I mean at least that other massively OP sentient weapon wasn't available till mid tier 2.

darjr

I crit!
It's not a flop as far as I can tell. Not around my neck of the woods.

In fact this season I have four new DMs asking about how to participate. Scratch that, five now.

Cascade

First Post
Actually a lot of people my way are excited about the story but the organizers and traveling players are dreading it.
I can't imagine what scheduling and play will be like at Origins. I think 6 months is too short of time for 14 mods like this.

It's certainly easier given that it only goes to level 8 so things cant get out of control from the play side...it's the organizing I'm concerned with.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
So, now that Death House has been released to everyone for free through Dragon+ is it still going to be the launch event adventure? I was kind of under the impression that Death house was going to be a special preview for the WPN game stores.

Am I the only one that noticed in the Death House instructions that this season is only 3.5 months long?

I can hear the Season 5 Hype Train pulling out of the Speculation Station... (Don't worry, I'm not speculating on what it is here...)

Last edited:

Inconnunom

Explorer
Am I the only one that noticed in the Death House instructions that this season is only 3.5 months long?

I can hear the Season 5 Hype Train pulling out of the Speculation Station... (Don't worry, I'm not speculating on what it is here...)

Origins Kicks off Season 5 with DDEX5-1 (according to WotC). So sounds about right.

Steve_MND

First Post
I am getting the impression that a lot of people think the 'trapped in Ravenloft' idea is a flop.

Not a flop so much as... awkwardly implemented (as far as we've heard so far). As mentioned elsewhere, I like the idea of a character getting stuck in Ravenloft -- that is one of its key elements, after all -- but if that happens, I want it to be because of in-character decisions, not because the player had bad luck and missed a key session. And nothing can drive away a new player like telling them the character that they've grown attached to can not be played anymore, because they missed that one mod that the rest of the characters have now played.

Remove ads