Season 4 Curse of Strahd and Adventurers League

Mirtek

Hero
Also note, since your characters will be visiting the pleasant confines of Barovia, once you start playing a character in this series, you cannot play a non-season 4 adventure until you find a way out of the demiplane.
Guess I'll likely take a break from AL until S5 (as I am not that much of a replayer, more than twice is too much for me, which is already a serious (selfimposed) roadblock for rank advancement for my characters)

Steve_MND

First Post
Hmmmm. I'll wait for final judgement on this when it's actually released and we see more details on Season 4, but I can't say I'm especially enamored of the concept. Like the attempt at a madness-inspired elements with Season Three, I think the gothic horror elements are something that needs to be integrated into a campaign from the get-go, and having them be kinda 'shoehorned' into an existing campaign is not going to work very well.

We'll see, but I kinda doubt I'll be playing this upcoming season much -- I never liked the Ravenloft campaign setting to begin with, and while I could certainly live with it if it was just some background flavor, etc. the (apparent) concept of a whole interconnected series trying to exist "within" the ongoing AL storyline (or the concept of a larger, fluid OP-style setup to begin with) doesn't seem to be a particularly good fit.

We'll see, I suppose, tho. I admire the concept of a 'themed' storyline like this, but I think it would have done much better as a completely separate entity.

kalani

First Post
My only concern is whether the Hardcover includes an exit from the Demiplane. If it doesn't, and the adventure concludes with the players still trapped in Ravenloft (unlikely but possible), we may need to create another exit from the Demiplane for AL characters.

We'll see, I suppose, tho. I admire the concept of a 'themed' storyline like this, but I think it would have done much better as a completely separate entity.

That's why we encourage a new 1st-level character and once you start playing this series, you cannot play anything else with that PC until you find a way out of the demiplane. That makes it basically self-contained and separate for the for the season; sort of a mini-campaign.

Coredump

Explorer
Yes, the AL adventures conclude in such a manner that you could escape the demiplane or go right into the main meat of the hardback.

Thanks for the update and info... Could you give us an idea regarding how many of the 14 will be 2 hour vs 4 hour adventures?

Last edited:

Remove ads