• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sebastian's Lost Vault of Tsazthar Rho - In Character Thread

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I will my lord, regardless of that, I must count with some primate weapondry, in the case I run out of my great and powerfull magic you see." explains Trombin, shaking his crossbow, which accidentally shoots the bolt to a nearby tree. "Ups..."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Academus checks his gear, making sure he has easy access to his scrolls and holy symbol. (OOC: Easy access = move action to get ready.) He then sighs, tightens his grip on his quarterstaff, and announces to the party, "My skills do not lie within the realm of combat, either hand-to-hand or at range. Also, being but a novice of the Divine Light, my spells are limited. Nevertheless, all of my skills both magical and mundane are dedicated to preserving your lives. Before we venture farther, however, I must report what seems to be an ill-omen. Those strange purplish clouds we saw leaving town. Their color and presence troubles me, but, as of yet, I cannot recall why. Be careful, my comrades. Evil is afoot."

[sblock=For the Fearless DM]Time to be annoying. What, if anything, can Academus recall using Knowledge about ogres? After all, he must share what he knows.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Jemal said:
"Kore, if memory serves me your people are rather stout, and train at fighting these giants. You look like a good example of the Warrior's tales I've heard of dwarves. Perhaps you should be prepared to be our first line of defense against the thing. I will be prepared to stand beside you, but we must keep it away from our less martially inclined friends. As Trombin said, they would do better from a distance."

"Aye! I'll be ready, then." Kore grabs his waraxe and offers a quick prayer to Moradin for prowess in battle against the impending enemy.

OOC: Kore purchases two water skins and 12 days of rations. 8gp total & add 20 to total weight carried putting him at medium load.

Jemal

Adventurer
Reginald nods to Academus "I had noticed them too, but have no idea what they could mean. I'd been hoping you would know." He frowns a little and glances upward "Well, one way or another we must put an end to this ogre's threat. If you have any more information, we would welcome your input. As to the combat, don't worry unless you have to." He grins as Trombin's crossbow goes off, thudding into the tree. "Just make sure that's not pointed at any of us and I think we'll be fine."

Avalon®

First Post
Grinning at the gnome's lack of proficiency, Gavin can't help but chuckle. "At this rate, we'll be done in by the gnome and not by the ogre. Don't stay behind me Trombin. Okay?"

omrob

First Post
You bet

Natty will proceed at a cautious pace, hiding and moving silently.

He is looking for any signs of monsters, or traps as he makes his way slowly up to the cave mouth.

Sebastian O

First Post
[sblock=Academus, Knowledge Nature Check: 17]
Academus knows that ogres are big, brutish creatures who are almost as dumb as they are strong. They are chaotic and evil, enjoying fighting and destruction.
[/sblock]

Sebastian O

First Post
Steeling himself for what may lie inside, Natty creeps forward with a final look back at his companions. A quick examination of the entrance shows no sign of any traps or creatures. Keeping to the side of the cave entrance, Natty carefully makes his way inside.

Inside, it is clear that something has dwelled in this rough oval cave for many years, as evidenced by the piles of garbage, old bones, and scattered items found here. The floor is thick with debris, six inches deep of bones, dirt, and loose rocks along the edges of the room. The chamber's center holds a crudely-dug fire pit, while a thick pile of blankets and furs lies against the eastern wall. An iron spike driven into a crack in the western wall by the cave's entrance serves as a hook for an unlit lantern.

The back of the cave lies in darkness, and Natty's eyes struggle to adjust to the lack of light. Then, from the shadows on the eastern side of the cavern, a grumble of a voice announces, "Logbrag strong, not weak! He not listen to voices, NOT go with you!" Natty cannot yet see the source of the loud voice.

G

Guest 11456

Kore tightens his grip on his waraxe and shifts his weight from one foot to the others. This waiting is making him uncomfortable. he glances around at the others trying to get a feel for their readiness status.

Remove ads