• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Secrets of the Middle-East. Chaosium CoC - CLOSED - moved to other boards

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Fouad spends most of the evening quiet, learning about his companions and absorbing. That, and keeping down his mild unease about being invited into the home of an unchaperoned woman.

Jack and Fouad help the two ladies to clear off the appetizer dishes and glasses. And the two girls begin to clean and wash them. In the mean time Weigal took Prof. Bliss to his car.

[sblock=Josh]
While the others clear off the plates and cups, you “stretch” your legs in the lavatory, you spot from the curtained window a car that stops in the opposite cottage. From the automobile comes out the Dutch Prof. Henri 'Hans' Frankfort. The house across the street belongs to him. He goes to the trunk, open it and close it immediately, then he waves to someone.
Weigal and Prof. Bliss walk to him and greet him, they talk a little bit and then depart to the other way, to Weigal’s car.
Prof. Frankfort eyes the area around him nervously, pops open the trunk again and withdraw from it two canvas-wrapped objects. One of the objects is small and round, the other approximately the size and shape of a small baseball bat.
Carrying these to the front door, the Professor holds them both under one arm while struggling with the stubborn lock. The larger of the two packages slides loose and falls to the front porch with a resounding plop. The canvas folds fall open and behind the bush line you catch a glimpse of something white and cylindrical lying in the gloom.
Spot hidden role: 45 [Success]
You see at one end of the object what looks to be the hand and fingers of a small child!
Sanity role: 71 [Failure] – You loss 2 sanity points.
Glancing around quickly, the Professor quickly wraps the item up, then, after successfully unlocking the door, disappears into the tightly-shuttered house.
Josh on the other hand stumble back, bumps into a laundry tin box and falls with a loud thud on the lavatory’s floor from the horror he just saw.
[/sblock]

Jack, Fouad: You hear a loud thud from the second floor.
Anna comes out from the kitchen
What happened? is everything OK?

Friadoc

Explorer
Deep within his mind, which is a jumble of unexpected panic at what he saw and anger laced vulgarity, but Josh quickly recovers, scrambling to his feet and securing himself like the combat veteran he is, opening the door and rushing to meet his ascending companions.

"No worries, ladies, I just tripped over my own self," shouts Josh before he lowers his voice to a level that only the two male associates will hear. "You're not gonna believe what I saw across the way."

"I hope I am wrong," says Josh to Jack and Fouad. "But, I have seen some terrible things in my life and I think I just saw something as bad, or worse."

With a short pause, Josh steadies himself and relates the events that he just saw, including the potentially grizzly detail of what caused his fall. But, he will only relate this, for the moment, to the two male companions who just rushed upstairs. If any of the ladies come up, he will hold relating the details.

Be careful
Anna replies with a smile and go back to the kitchen.

What happened?
You hear Elizabeth
Josh tripped in the toilet room. I told my mother the rug is not safe.
Anna replies.
Really, there is a nice shop with rugs not far from the University with a nice Indian owner, we should go ... [The two ladies keep mumbling in the kitchen and do not disturb you]

After 5 minutes.
Anna and Elizabeth walk out and say with a smile
Thank you guys, we’ll take care of the things, good night.

You are standing in the outside porch

Drowned Hero

First Post
'We should just ask him about the items' 'or do we suspect that he will hide the items from us?' 'im getting very curious of what those thing is'

ooc: all [sblock]what exactly part of the experience do jack know? friadoc makes a vague statement there[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Once Josh is sure that none of the ladies are directly present, he will related what he saw, he is just being cautious, so as to not offender them (the ladies) or harm their psyche.
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: Thanks, I usually don't read spoiler boxes.)

Fouad stands confused.

"What? Can you be sure? Would it not be from a mummy? What are you suggesting? And... is Prof. Frankfort joining us?"

Remove ads