• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Secrets of the Middle-East. Chaosium CoC - CLOSED - moved to other boards

Friadoc

Explorer
Fouad stands confused.

"What? Can you be sure? Would it not be from a mummy? What are you suggesting? And... is Prof. Frankfort joining us?"

"I'm sure," says Josh with a forlorn look in his eyes. "Sadly, I saw enough in the War that the desiccated remains of a mummy are far from bothersome."

Spot hidden rolls
Jack [Failure] ; Fouad [Failure] ; Josh [Success]

[sblock=Josh]
While you stand in the pedestrian walkway and speak quietly with Jack and Fouad, just outside the brick trail to Anna’s parent’s house, you catch a quick glimpse of the professor house. You are most certain that you saw a woman’s face watching the three of you behind the curtain in the attic. It was merely a second before the black curtain behind the closed window was pulled away.
[/sblock]

Jack, Fouad - You stand in the pedestrian walkway just outside the house with your back to the professor's house.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Anyhow," says Josh, while trying to keep his demeanor from giving away that he notice the observer. "Either we say something to the authorities, potentially making a huge mistake that could affect our careers and the Professors, or we look into the matter, ourselves, so as to be sure before saying anything, or not."

"Plus, don't look mind you, but I think someone is watching us," says Josh with a wry, brief chuckle. "Not to seem paranoid, but she was looking out from the attic window."

Drowned Hero

First Post
"Anyhow," says Josh, while trying to keep his demeanor from giving away that he notice the observer. "Either we say something to the authorities, potentially making a huge mistake that could affect our careers and the Professors, or we look into the matter, ourselves, so as to be sure before saying anything, or not."

"Plus, don't look mind you, but I think someone is watching us," says Josh with a wry, brief chuckle. "Not to seem paranoid, but she was looking out from the attic window."

Jack stiffens a split second and ask Josh in a whisper 'who is watching?'

It is known that professor Hans have a wife, she is handicapped. Thought he haven’t told you directly about her, you heard that she was injured during a car accident, that what the Professor told the University committee when he was accepted to teach in London.
You never saw her, since he never brought her to friendly meetings or parties. Nevertheless, Josh is not certain that the woman he saw peeking from the upper window is the professor’s wife or not.

Friadoc

Explorer
With a pause, Josh takes a deep, forlorn breath, and it is obvious that the man wishes he could say it might have been something other than what he saw, deeply so.

"I doubt it," Josh says simply. "Unless it was the most realistic one ever made, with organic articulation."

Remove ads