• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

See Jane run. Run, Jane, run!

Distance Runner [General]
You can run longer than most.
Prerequisites: Con 15, Endurance, Run
Benefit: While unencumbered you can use the run action for a number of minutes equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each minute in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running.
Normal: You can run a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score and must make another check each round.

Soul of Pheidippides [General]
You can run tirelessly.
Prerequisites: Con 17, Distance Runner, Endurance, Run
Benefit: While unencumbered you can use the run action for a number of hours equal to your Constitution modifier, but after that you must make a DC 15 Constitution check to continue running each hour. You must check again each hour in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 5 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running and become exhausted, taking 1d6 points of damage for every extra hour past your constitution modifier that you ran.
Normal: You can run a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score and must make another check each round.

Last edited:

Winding Road

First Post
I love these. Obscure mythological reference for the win! And they seem very balanced mechanically. One small quibble: almost all feats seem to have odd ability scores as prereqs, so Con 17 or 19 might be better for Soul of Pheidippedes.

Jack Simth

First Post
How do you feel about nit-picking your editing?
The Vorpal Tribble said:
Soul of Pheidippides
You can run tirelessly.
Prerequisites: Con 18, Distance Runner, Endurance, Run
Benefit: While unencumbered you can use the run action for a number of hours equal to your Constitution modifier, but after that you must make a DC 15 Constitution check to continue running each minute. You must check again each hour in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 5 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running and become exhausted, taking 1d6 points for every extra hour past your constitution modifier that you ran.
(Emphasis added)

Well, this may be a minor quibble, but for a human character with the standard array, she may get Distance Runner at 1st level if she puts her 15 in CON; she'll have to wait until 16th level to gain Soul of Pheidippides, however, unless she finds a Manual of Bodily Health somewhere -- I doubt Amulets of Health would cut it as prerequisites for a feat... Maybe it would be best to give that feat a requirement 17 CON; it's no big deal, however.

Kerrick

First Post
In the second feat... you're going straight from "I'm running along" to "I'm exhausted" if you blow a Con check. That's not deliberate, is it? What happened to fatigue first?

ceratitis

First Post
Kerrick said:
In the second feat... you're going straight from "I'm running along" to "I'm exhausted" if you blow a Con check. That's not deliberate, is it? What happened to fatigue first?

after running so long you're way past fatigued ;)
cool feats (or should i say feet?)

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I think any player who uses two feat slots to take Endurance AND Run is deserving of a free 2 or 3 levels. 5 if the next feat slot is Excited Auctioneer.

DS

Quartz

Hero
I'd reduce the CON requirement of the first feat to 13 to make it similar to Power Attack etc. I wonder if the second should be marked as Epic?

ceratitis

First Post
while an epic feat in style it hardly compares on power level with other epic feats. maybe make an epic feat which requires some jump skill along with this super runner and enable such long and/or high jumps you're almost flying

Remove ads