• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Seeking Group in North Central Jersey

Wystan said:
Well,

I am a 33 Year old gamer that would be interested in a monthly type game night. I live in the Paterson area and can travel if needed as well... :)

Wystan (Bill)

Only monthly? I like a bi-weekly approach personally...but then, I don't have kids yet. :)

drquestion

Explorer
I could also do Friday nights if it weren't every week. I can normally leave work relatively early on Fridays, and wouldn't mind getting back a bit later, so the trip is less of an issue. A mix of Fridays and Sundays would be good, too - maybe that would work. I could definitely be available for a longer time on Sundays.

Like FST, my apartment is poorly suited to a gaming gathering, so unfortunately I can't offer to host.

Savage Tide sounds good to me, but I'm flexible. I'd prefer to play rather than DM, at least at first. My work responsibilities are changing starting in September, so I need to get an idea of how much free time I'll have.

FST is willing to DM, and Olgar, Wystan, Cinerarium, and I want to play, so if we can decide on a place and time, it sounds like we can get a group together. I, for one, am excited to get back to playing some D&D!

Wystan

Explorer
Well, I own a house that has an UNUSED so far gaming room. I would tentatively be willing to host, but would prefer to meet first in a neutral place and yes Monthly is best for me as I have a weekly game and Many other responsibilities. I have no Children.

(I may be able to swing bi-monthly, but that will be tight. Sundays will be worse for me but doable (I am the Youth Leader at my church and plan on running YG on Sunday Nights)...)

I am also Open Minded and get along with most/all people.... :)

KingCrab

First Post
Hi. I'm a 32 year old gamer from Parsippany who would like to try joining as well if there is room.

I can DM, but I would prefer to be a player. I have one group I run for currently, but due to the schedules of some of my players, we have trouble meeting even once a month. I would like to do more gaming than that.

I work on weekdays but weekends and evenings are generally good for me. Either monthly or bi-monthly is good for me. I would have trouble meeting more frequently than that. My apartment is small and not well suited for hosting games. My preference is for 3.x D&D.

Cinerarium

First Post
Wow! All of a sudden so much traffic! This is great!

I can in theory host if you guys can make it to High Bridge -- I've got a house with a handful of rooms that could make an ok game room. If I'm hosting that also makes my gaming much more palatable to my wife. And with kids I'm much more into a Friday evening game if the rest of you can make that. I can get out before five on Fridays and I don't get enough time with the kids as is or time to work on my house (it's an 1870's Victorian and needs regular loving) -- Sundays are a big help in both directions.

That said, I'm fine meeting once every two to four weeks. I like the idea of Savage Tide to start with -- a nice defined prebuilt campaign to keep it relatively low stress on the DM while we break in the group.

So one last question if you folks are good with this -- when do we start?

I'm down with an every two-to-four-week schedule. Friday evenings or Sundays would be preferred. The evening time might be challenging depending on location due to traffic, though. We'll want to shoot for a centrally located location.

I could also host, as I've got a finished basement area unused that could be gameroom converted, and could backup DM as needed.

Locations:

Olgar: Lake Hopatcong, space avail
Cinerarium: High Bridge, space avail
King Crab: Parsippany, no space
Wystan: Patterson, space avail
drquestion: New Brunswick, no space
FST: Clifton, no space

FST: When in September were you looking to start?

Right now I have all Sept Fridays free (with one or two potentially awkward due to travel and out-of-town guests the last week of the month). Early Sept Sundays are free; last two Sundays in the month may not be again due to those out-of-town guests. October is completely good except for the weekend of 13-16 when I'm out of town. The weekend of 14-16 September right now (or earlier in the month) would be a perfect start time for me.

And do we want a separate board/site for this group to work campaign-specific discussion? I had success with my past groups using a YahooGroups site and would be willing to set one up for this group, this weekend when I return from my current trip to Arizona.

Savage Tide sounds like a great place to start!

Last edited:

drquestion

Explorer
I'm also good with a biweekly, Friday schedule. I could probably try to leave around 4 on the days that we met, so something like a 5:30 start time would most likely work for me.

I'm going to be out of town Friday, Sep. 7th, but that's probably before FST gets back from the honeymoon anyways (congrats, by the way!). I'd be out of town Sunday the 9th, too, if we were thinking about doing a Friday/Sunday mix, but am free any other Sunday.

Olgar, I like the idea of having a group site or forum, if you're willing to set it up. That's worked well for me in the past, too.

Looking forward to getting this off the ground!

All right, now we're getting somewhere!

I work in Hackensack and get out at 5 p.m., so bear that in mind if you want to get together on Friday nights. Sundays are much better for me, but Fridays are doable.

I should be back from Ireland and ready to play by Sept. 16. And thanks for the congrats, everyone - we got married in June but held off on the honeymoon because we both got new jobs, and then moved right after the wedding. Yes, I am clearly insane. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads