Seeking group in Northern Va/DC

DwarvenBrew

First Post
I'm looking for a gaming group in the Northern Va/Washington DC area. I graduated from college in 1999 and moved to the area for employment reasons. I currently live in Alexandria but may be moving to the Falls Church area in a few months.

I haven't actively played D&D since high school (played a bit on holidays in college when I was home), but have been recently catching up on 3e through various message boards and of course the core rule books.

I'm mostly interested in finding a Low - Medium magic group that is running a Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign, but I'm willing to game in pretty much any setting. A campaign with a relatively even balance of RP/problem solving/hack-n-slash would be ideal.

Most of my previous gaming has been original D&D -> generic 1e setting -> original Dragonlance setting -> FR.

Eventually, I'd also be interested in running a KoK campaign, even if it's only to give the DM a break every now and then.

Torillan

First Post
NoVa

I'm in a group that runs a game in Reston. Might be a bit too far out, but if coming from Falls Church, it's not too bad. We'd like to have another player (one is taking a two month leave of absence). We do like to rotate who runs a game, so everyone gets a chance.

We currently are wrapping up a small campaign of Wheel of Time, but I'll be running a game in either my homebrew world or Forgotten Realms (depends on how soon I finish my world). I do prefer low-mid magic levels, so FR will be somewhat "toned down". If your interested, e-mail me (it's in my profile). Hope you can join us!!

Last edited:

DwarvenBrew

First Post
I'll get in touch

Thanks for the invitation, I'll get in touch. Depending of when/how frequently you play, Reston might be a little far for me right now (I expect anywhere from 45 minutes to a bit over an hour, depending on traffic).

I work in Chantilly though (this is one of the reasons I'm looking to move to FC), so if you happen to play on weekday nights it might work out well.

Torillan

First Post
game days

We meet every other Saturday, noon-4pm. A few of us have a little too much real-life to deal with, but it seems to work out well.

Remove ads