Seeking More Good D&D Music

Scarab

First Post
Let's see - tons and tons of movie scores. The Conan movies, The 13th Warrior (one of my favorites), and so on.

Some Juno Reactor. The soundtrack from Riven (the game - really moody music).

Hattersai

First Post
Xena and Hercules soundtracks.

Joxer the Mighty
He's very tidy
Every one admires him
He's so handsome its a sin

I love that song.:D

Troll Lord

First Post
One of the best pieces your going to find for battle music is Karl Orf's "Carmina Burana." Its a series of tracks, songs from the high middle ages I think, and they really kick ass. Some of the most powerful material out there.

Steve
Troll Dude

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And, if you're a Robert Jordan fan, there's the "Soundtrack for the Wheel of Time" on the Magna Carta Records label.

Aeris Winterood

First Post
Music

Soundtrack to Braveheart is good, Depending upon where my characters are I use Metallica, Twisted Sister... and all sorts... just think moods...

tribeof1

First Post
I can see that I'm in the minority here, as I tend to play rock music in the background of sessions I run. Why? Cuz I like it? For me, it works, but YMMV. Whenever I listen to Dinosaur Jr. I still think of Dark Sun though...:D

However, even if you aren't interested in the rocknroll DnD idea (but you'd be missing out, hehe) EVERYONE EVERYWHERE should check out anything by Cradle of Filth. You will die, one way or the other. The best approximation I can give is this:

Imagine Mozart, Ozzy Osbourne, Satan and Demogorgan getting absolutely wacked on speed and acid and gettin' it on, then having kids. The first, of course, would be Tenacious D, but the second would be Cradle of Filth :eek:

I can't say that I would ever use this in a game (as the players would all implode from shock/laughter/horror) but it's good (?) to know that ts out there.

Amos

Remove ads