Selan- A SE Asian campaign (Critical rebuilding)

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
True, but I'm lazy, remember? :D

I could...have something like that on either of the island groups called the Talons of Garuda. Particularly as some regions are unexplored by outsiders.

Could make an interesting encounter, yeah.

People of the...what? Ideas, anyone?

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Regional Feats from the Talons of Garuda

(more to come for the tribes from the Talons that Grip the Sun)

Eyes of the Eagle (regional)
You are sharp-eyed, like the totem of your people.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on Search and Spot checks. You may make a Spot check once per round as a swift action.

Floating Combat (regional)
You have learnt techniques of fighting while floating on water.
Benefit: You can float on the surface of calm water as a free action. You’re considered prone and cannot move for the duration of that round, but may otherwise attack, cast spells, or take other actions as if you were lying on solid ground. You can actually sleep while floating on water by using this feat. You gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC when fighting partially or wholly submerged in water.

Gull Opportunist (regional)
You have learnt to take advantage of your enemies’ failures.
Benefit: Once per round, you may make an attack of opportunity of an enemy that misses any adjacent ally in melee. This attack counts as your attack of opportunity for that round. Even a character with the Combat Reflexes feat can’t use Gull Opportunist more than once per round.

Hidden Talon (regional)
You are an expert at hiding weapons and other small objects on your person.
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Sleight of hand checks to conceal a weapon or small object. You can retrieve a hidden item as a move action.
Special: If you have the Quick Draw feat, you can draw a hidden weapon as a swift action.

Intuitive Sense (regional)
Your sense of oneness with the world guides you in the mysteries of the lower, middle, and upper world.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on any one Knowledge skill, and may make any Knowledge check untrained, even if the DC is higher than 10. In addition, you may use your Wisdom modifier for any Knowledge check in place of your Intelligence modifier.

Talons of the Eagle (regional)
Your have trained in the fabled martial art, wielding the mystical Kris.
Benefit: You gain proficiency with the Kris and may wield them as if possessing the two-weapon fighting feat. The Kris are treated as if they were weapons of your alignment for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction

Voice (regional)
You are a Voice, a respected intermediary with the worlds above and below.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on Charisma based checks with characters from the Talons of Garuda region. You are exempt from any of the tribal conflicts within the Talons of Garuda and are not expected to engage in warfare, though you may do so if you choose. Any attack on your person by a tribesman from the Talons of Garuda is punishable by death, unless you began the conflict.
You are expected to participate in the Council of Voices, and oppose the enemies of the tribes.
You may converse with any creature of the spirit subtype that has a language.

Last edited:

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
And here's a couple of Faith-based feats coming from the people of Astur.
The Selanese from converted regions could probably take these, too.

Believer (regional)
You have faith in the providence of Lord Astur, which gives you uncanny good fortune.
Benefit: You gain a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws and a +1 luck bonus to AC, so long as you maintain your faith. You gain a +2 bonus on Knowledge (Asturism) checks.

Denier (general)
Your conviction in your beliefs enables you to resist the magic of “false” religions.
Prerequisites: Believer, Charisma 13+
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on saving throws against Divine effects that do not come from your religion. Your Divine spells are cast at +1 caster level. Beneficial Divine spells from another source always fail on you (treats as Harmless).

True Believer (general)
Your utter belief in the providence of Lord Astur enables you to survive situations many would not.
Prerequisites: Wisdom 13+, Believer
Benefit: Once per day you can declare a “Moment of Faith” and take the better of two d20 rolls when making a saving throw. You gain a +2 bonus on all Charisma related skill checks with other followers of Astur.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Those wacky Asturians....

A few more Asturian Faith feats

Smite Infidel (general)
Your loathing for those who espouse opposing beliefs is so great you can channel that hate into a powerful attack.
Prerequisites: Charisma 13+, Believer, membership in the Diamond Order
Benefit: Once day you can attempt to smite an infidel (someone who gains divine abilities from another source to yours, or a servant of such a divine source) with a normal melee attack. You add your Charisma modifier (if positive) to your attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per character level. If you accidentally smite someone who is not an infidel, the smite has no effect, but it is still used up for the day.

Utter Denial (general) -under revision-
You utterly deny the power of other divine powers.
Prerequisites: Charisma 15+, Base Will save +6, Denier.
Benefit: You gain spell resistance of 11+ your character level against divine spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities deriving from divine sources other than that of your deity.
You may use your Will saving throw against all such abilities, instead of the normal saving throw
Your beneficial divine abilities only work on characters who worship your deity and creatures incapable of worship (such as animals).

Cure the Faithful (general)
Your divine abilities are more potent on those that share your faith.
Prerequisites: Believer, Charisma 13+, Wisdom 15+
Benefit: Your beneficial divine spells are cast at +1 caster level when cast on those that share your faith. Spells that have a limit on the effect based on caster level have this limit increased by 1 (such as cure spells, or divine favour).

Rally the Faithful (general)
Your faith and piety inspire those who share your devotion.
Prerequisites: Believer, True Believer, Charisma 15+, Wisdom 13+, Base Will Save +4
Benefit: Characters within 20 feet who follow the same patron deity or philosophy as you gain a +2 morale bonus on Will saving throws against compulsion and fear effects.
If you channel divine energy as a standard action, the radius increases to 50 feet for a number of rounds equal to 1+ your Charisma modifier (if positive), and you grant followers of your faith within your aura a +1 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls, and you double the morale bonus.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Feats from the Three Kingdoms (to be expanded)

Some regional feats from the 3 Kingdoms of Varindhur. These all require you to be from the one of the 3 Kingdoms regions.

Detect Shapechanger (regional)
You have trained with an order of mystics trained to find demons in the midst of your country.
Prerequisites: Concentration 2 ranks, Wisdom 13+, home region: Raksha Amadi, membership in the Order of the Emerald Eye.
Benefit: As a full-round action you can make DC 20 Concentration check and enter an Emerald Trance. While in an Emerald Trance, you can see the true forms of all creatures in a 60’ cone in your line of sight. The Emerald Trance cannot penetrate mundane disguises made with the Disguise skill, nor can it penetrate barriers to normal sight. Emerald Trance does not enable you to see incorporeal or invisible creatures.
You can maintain an Emerald Trance for a number of rounds equal to half your ranks in the Concentration skill, and may invoke it a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier.
You gain a +4 bonus to Spot checks when opposing Disguise checks.

One with the Waves (regional)
You are at home when fighting in the water.
Benefit: You may use any one-handed piercing or slashing weapon underwater with no penalty, in addition to spears and tridents. You gain a +2 bonus on swim checks.

Parjanha Bowman (regional)
You have trained with the Parjanha ranged militia. Your shots are accurate and deadly.
Benefit: You gain the Martial Proficiency feats for the longbow (including composite longbow) and shortbow (including composite shortbow). You gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls to confirm a critical hit when using a longbow or shortbow.
You may apply precision-based effects (such as sneak attack, ranged precision, or the Point Blank Shot feat) 10 feet further away than normal when using a longbow or shortbow.

Soul of the Forest (regional)
You are at home in the forests of your homeland, and gain significant advantages when fighting there.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on hide and spot checks in a forested area. When in combat in a forest, you also gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC.

Last edited:

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Wait a minute....

Ok, I'm going to self-regulate and stop posting my house rules here.

:eek: oops.. :eek:

Um, anyway. Barbarian substitution levels are up in house rules now. Will post the fluff for the tribes here soon.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Requesting NPC submissions, and spiritual aid

Hi all,

The thread still exists...I'm just terrible at updating, writing, rewriting, deleting. ahhh.... It's fun to be DM, yeah? :D I'm running out of charges on my rod of animate thread, though....

Anyhow, I wanted to ask the collective for some interesting NPCs that I can drop into Kalpesh for the thrills and excitement of my Players (who-ever they end up being ;) ). No full-blown stats or anything, just some interesting personalities and traits, plots, and ideas.

In particular I am looking at merchants for the bazaar, the "lords" serving under the Devarajah Subal Nandhish, as well as some interesting priestly personalities from the Kingdom of Astur.

Finally, if anyone has an interesting submission for a spirit (dangerous or not), or Naga I would be happy to "yoink" anything offered with my heartfelt thanks.

Of course, this could allbe just a shameless *bump*.... :D :p

Thanks!

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Aaargh!

A hard drive crash two weeks ago means that I have lost nearly all my notes and progress I made since the last post in the SE asia thread. I'm trying to rebuild from memory, but it is slow going. Not sure if anyone is following this thread or not, but thought I should explain the slow going...

Still, it might encourage a bit more innovation on my part. I've been somewhat enervated by my assignment work of late, so some impetus might be good here. :)

Nyaricus

First Post
Man, I hate HD crashes. They suck. Hoping to see what you can do with this though :)

I've had it happen for my homebrew before. Lost all my gods and goddesses :(

cheers,
--N

Remove ads