• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[semi-OT] Question for Australian gamers

Kweezil

Caffeinated Reprobate
I'm looking for some information regarding the gaming scene around Adelaide, especially D&D. A friend is emigrating there soon, and while she's not a dyed in the wool gamer, she has gamed and enjoyed it but rarely had the time to play. As part of her going-away present, I'm trying to find a games club or a shop that can be used as a contact point for her when she's over there. Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

Agback

Explorer
G'day

Adelaide is a long way from anywhere I've ever played an RPG. But it is a fair-sized city with a couple of universities, and I have known two roleplayers from there. I think there is even an annual con at the Uni of Adelaide.

Your friend ought to be a lot better placed to find a game than I am here in Kempsey (see .sig).

Regards,

Agback

Olive

Explorer
I was sure Snoweel lived in Sydney.

Sorry, I can't help either as I live in Melbourne, have never been to Adelaide, and don't really know any gamers other than my gaming group anyway, but I'll bump this to the front page for Australian Monday morning board readers.

Arawyn

Sci-Fi Newshound
Check the Newsgroup aus.games.roleplaying on Google. You might be able to find someone there.

regards,
Arawyn

The Lone Badger

First Post
Games Quest in the Station Arcade sometimes has games posted, but the main contact point is Australian Game Wizards, above the City Gym (next to Cobbs) in Light Square. Theres no outside sign, but just go up the stairs past the gym. Doesn't open until 2:00, but it has lots of games, rooms to use for gaming and a noticeboard where you can post details of your campaigns to recruit new players.

Kweezil

Caffeinated Reprobate
Thanks for the info, guys. It's been a great help.

Now if only the D&D gift set would finally come out, everything would be sorted.

Remove ads