• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Send In The Clowns… (or, Converting the Oddballs)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The way I read the "ferociousness" line, they're raging all the time. We could give them the rage of a dire wolverine, activating once they're damaged and lasting until they or their opponent is dead.

Demiurge out.

Shade

Monster Junkie
demiurge1138 said:
The way I read the "ferociousness" line, they're raging all the time. We could give them the rage of a dire wolverine, activating once they're damaged and lasting until they or their opponent is dead.

I like it. :cool:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
All of the above sounds good. Let's also not forget the special defenses: Immune to fear, charm, and hold spells.

Do we want to do the bite as a disease or a curse like the vargouille's kiss?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

freyar said:
All of the above sounds good. Let's also not forget the special defenses: Immune to fear, charm, and hold spells.

Simplify to immunity to mind-affecting spells and abilities?

freyar said:
Do we want to do the bite as a disease or a curse like the vargouille's kiss?

Good question. I could go either way on that.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I can agree to both of those. Working on the curse, modeled after the Vargouille:

Death Sheep Curse (Su): Any creature damaged by a death sheep's bite attack must succeed on a DC X Fortitude save or be cursed to transform into a ravening lunatic. On the each day following the curse, the victim suffers two points of Wisdom drain and develops an urge to attack all other living creatures, which becomes stronger as the Wisdom loss becomes stronger. Once the victim's Wisdom drops to 0, it is immediately healed of its Wisdom drain but becomes permanently insane and goes berserk, attacking anything it sees, using only its teeth. At this point, the victim also gains a bite attack that deals 1d4 hp of damage (plus Strength modifier) as a natural attack. The only way to halt the transformation before it is complete is by casting remove curse, cure disease, and neutralize poison on the victim; once the transformation is complete, the victim can only be restored by the wish or miracle spells. The save DC is Constitution-based.

I could see Cha-based, but we'd have to bump the Charisma, then.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Looking good.

Since the latin word for sheep is "ovis", how about calling it "curse of the ovis mortis", which I think means "curse of the sheep of death"? :lol:

Remove ads