• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sense Surroundings rule question

Eloy

First Post
Thanks everyone for your replies.

To me, the explanations in the rulebook aren't clear enough, so I just wanted to see what other people thought as to the effects of this skill as well as the actions required by the associated Perception skill check that should accompany the sense surroundings roll (is the perception check a standard action or a reaction in this situation?)

I have emailed GM Sarli at the Jedi Counseling section of WOTC, but dunno if they are updating that stuff anymore (last column is dated july 2008) in the hopes of getting an official clarification.

We'll see :)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

To me, the explanations in the rulebook aren't clear enough, so I just wanted to see what other people thought as to the effects of this skill as well as the actions required by the associated Perception skill check that should accompany the sense surroundings roll (is the perception check a standard action or a reaction in this situation?)

A Perception check to notice/see something should almost always be a Reaction.

Remove ads