• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sentinels of Evermere

Tokiwong

First Post
Thanee said:
The human girl nods towards the heavily scarred elf. “Greetings to you.”
Dais lets his eyes meander about the balcony, and the city before resting on Eshe’ri, “I am intrigued by you milady, perhaps you could relate the tale that has brought you and Scar into our company. For such a tale is not a common one within these lands and I would be honored if you shared it with me.”

He continues to let his fingers dance over the lovingly crafted mandolin, “I hope I am not being too presumptuous, milady. But a beautiful human woman is a rarity. Although true beauty in any being is a rarity,” he added continuing his soft song, with a sly grin.

mackenson

First Post
The terrace door swings open, interrupting Dais' question, and an elf enters. He is taller than most, and walks with his back straight and chin raised, accenting his height. He wears finely constructed chain shirt, with the blue-green cloak of the Sentinels clasped around his neck. At his waist is a sheathed longsword. He is perhaps 300 years old. His face is lined with deep wrinkles, but his eyes are bright and alert as he coolly surveys those who have assembled here. Two young elven pages follow him, each bearing bundled cloaks in their outstretched arms.

“I am Golas Nyrian, commander of the Sentinels,” he says, gesturing for the gathered recruits to stand before him. “I apologize for the informal nature of this meeting. In days past you would have been awarded your cloaks in a ceremony befitting the honor, but these are different times.”

He folds his arms across his chest. “It is no secret that we are bolstering the ranks of the Sentinels. It’s also no secret that I have voiced my opposition to the accelerated pace of your training, but I am a loyal servant to the council and follow their orders.” He narrows his eyes, his gaze traveling to each of the recruits in turn. “That said, I expect nothing less than the utmost demonstration of your abilities, your honor, and your adherence to the law. You will be held to the same high standards of even our most veteran members. Is that understood?”

Without waiting for an answer, Golas steps forward, and says in a low voice, “There are dark times ahead. I have seen the portents. Whatever trials you will face in the coming days, you must learn to depend on each other.” His eyes take on a faraway look for a moment, as if considering something, but then his attention falls back on the recruits. “Are there any questions?”

[If you haven't done so, you can read an overview of the Sentinels at the web site (http://home.comcast.net/~corymackenson/evermere/sentinels/). Your arms, armor and equipment is assumed to be a mix of items that you brought with you along with some items that you obtained from the stores of the Sentinels. Your training, as noted by Golas, was perfunctory, and mostly addressed your role and authority as Sentinels. If your PC has any questions, comments or non-verbal reactions, feel free to post them in response to Golas]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Eshe'ri turns to Dais, once the commander has finished, to not leave his question unanswered. “We will have enough time for this later,” she says.

Other than that, she only waits for the others to speak up, carefully considering, what she could ask herself.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"How is it, Golas, - the wild elf refused to use a title - "that this group was assigned to work together?" Dha'thuran shot a suspicious glance at the human, and only slightly less unfriendly looks towards the high elves.

Tokiwong

First Post
Thanee said:
Eshe'ri turns to Dais, once the commander has finished, to not leave his question unanswered. “We will have enough time for this later,” she says.

Other than that, she only waits for the others to speak up, carefully considering, what she could ask herself.
Dais smiles, placing his mandolin along his back, letting the strap rest across his chest, and listens intently. He scowls at Dha'thuran, and then replies out of turn, "Do you take exception at our human companion or your fellow high elves, wild elf? Are you so uncouth and parochial that you would let simple inbred prejudices guide your thoughts when we Sentinels are charged with protecting all the members of the forest?"

Dais sighed, "It is these simple notions of distrust that will lead our people to ruin."

Last edited:

semmarin

First Post
Telas looks at his new companions “All this bickering isn’t going to help us complete the tasks set before us by the council. As for Eshe’ri if the council and the sentinels see fit for her to join our team then I have no problems working beside her or Scar.”

mackenson

First Post
Golas stares pointedly at the wild elf. His face remains impassive but his eyes glimmer with a restrained anger. “You will address your superiors with the proper respect, Dha'thuran Kyrndeth. I was fighting to protect the Evermere when you were a wailing infant, and a hundred years before that.”

He listens to Dais, and then nods in agreement. “I have met many honorable humans in my time,” he says, his gaze flicking to Eshe'ri, “some of whom have served the Evermere. They have risked their lives for our home. They have spilled their blood for us. Despite what you may believe, there is good among humans, just as there is the foulest evil among our own kind.”

The commander gestures to the pages, who bring forward the cloaks. “This is a sacred honor. With the acceptance of these cloaks, you bind yourselves to your duty and to each other. You may refuse this calling, or you may step forward and claim your destiny…”

Thanee

First Post
“Your home is also my home,” Eshe’ri says, addressing the whole assembly, “and it’s the greatest honor, that you allow me to wear this cloak!”

With a teardrop rolling down her cheek, she steps forward to claim her destiny and to take the cloak offered to her. Eshe’ri bears a proud smile as she steps back to her earlier place.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads